ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forum Moderator

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/01/09 09:54 AM Views: 1214 Replies: 1
Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I made a classmate who was a "natural" moderator into the official moderator in the forums. Now she has the power, but she says she can only enter the forums through the email notification link and when she gets to the Forum List, she can only click the link on the right for the most recent post, but does not have access to the links on the left to see the topics. Is this correct or have I messed up setting her up?

Margaret

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM - Response #1

I have no clue honestly. First, whatever email link she's clicking, ask her not to click that. Have her clear her browser cache and cookies and then go directly to your web site by typing in the address or accessing it from a bookmark. Once logged in there's no reason she wouldn't be able to see and click all of the links available. If she can't I'd have to know more, but there's certainly all kinds of things that could potentialy interfere with something like this, such as local computer viruses, windows problems, in rare cases higher than normal browser security settings interfering with normal functionality, etc. One quick way to see if it's a browser problem or a computer problem is see if she can replicate this situation using an other web bowser. I.E. if she's using Firefox have her use Internet Explorer, or vice versa.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.