ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Donations Tutorial?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/22/12 09:45 AM Views: 1456 Replies: 5
Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Might be a dumb question. I haven't yet had any reunion planned via CC. I am looking to set up a Donations section/button that would not be used for a reunion but, instead, just for donations. Is there any one place that gives step-by-step directions for setting up a donations section? Thanks.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM - Response #1

There is a PayPal donations module on the Home Page (Edit Site Pages > Edit Home Page > Manage Donations) but it requires a business or premier level account with PayPal. We don't have another option for donations other than through the reunion planner, but if you don't have an active reunion, you can use the reunion planner as a donations page. Simply activate the reunion, but set the name to Donations (or some like name with 20 characters or fewer), then add an event and create an item for "sale" and check the box to indicate it is a donation (this will allow users to set their own donation amounts).

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM - Response #2

This approach has potential. I was wondering if there is a way that donations made by credit card can stay in the "class creator" account and be used for website fees? This is simpler than 'cashing in' the credit card donations and having to separately pay the website fees.

My situation is that I am a temporary caretaker of a class site as the primary and only admin passed away unexpectedly. Just trying to keep it going for his classmates til someone steps forward. I think his folks are willing to donate... I just don't want to get involved in setting up any paypal or other accounts.

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM - Response #3

You can use the Reunion Planner to collect the credit card donations. Our tansaction fee still applies, but the donations are then simply in your account and available to be used at your leisure.

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM - Response #4

Scott...thanks for the speedy reply.

Is there a means to apply those donated funds directly to the monthly subscription fee within the site?

Or, would I have to have a check sent to me but I would continue to pay the fee back to you with my credit card or personal check?

Just trying to eliminate an extra step...especially given my caretaker role.

Thanks

Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM - Response #5

You would need to receive the funds and then issue us a check.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.