ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify for new comments

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/23/09 11:29 PM Views: 4742 Replies: 24
Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Brad,

I like the changes you just made to separate the private message box from the post a comment button, and am looking forward to the admin option of occassionally toggling off the private message function. Thank you.

I have a request for the public comments. Would it be possible to add an option to be notified when new comments are posted on a profile? We can opt-in notification for profile updates, but not for new comments.

Please say yes :O)

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:00 AM - Response #1

It actually already works like that already. If you subscribe to somebody's Profile, and a new comment is posted on that person's Profile, you receive an email notification.

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:57 AM - Response #2

Excellent!! Thank you!

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:49 AM - Response #3

Brad, I have sent out two messages that haven't been addressed. Maybe you haven't received them but here it goes again...I created a cd with pictures & music for my reunion a couple of weeks ago & was wondering if there is any way I can post it on my website?

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:45 PM - Response #4

Did you send it over the weekding using the Contact Form? If so those are addressed next business day. What format is your CD presentation in? I.E. is it Powerpoint, a video, etc.?

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:51 PM - Response #5

Brad,
I actually sent out the e-mails during the past 2 wks. to postmaster@classcreator.net. Anyway..my cd is not powerpoint. It was made through Windows Movie Maker on a cd not dvd. It is a slideshow with music. Thanks. Brenda

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM - Response #6

Ok. I really don't recommend sending to that address, although we do sometimes filter through that box. Postmaster@classcreator.net is one of our outgoing email addresses for sending auto emails. The best way to contact us is either right here in these forums, or using the Contact Form on our site. When you use one of these two "official" ways your question is actually given a ticket (even the most simple forum response is), prioritized, and put into the queue for myself or another Support person.

Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 5:37 PM - Response #7

Brad,
Have you figured out how I can add my cd/movie with music made on Windows Movie Maker to my website?
Brenda

Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM - Response #8

There's a variety of ways to add video to your site, including uploading your video to your File Vault, but the easiest way to do it is to export your movie to the .wmv format and then upload it to YouTube. From there it's easy to embed on your web site:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #19

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 6:31 PM - Response #9

Is there any possiblity of adding a subscription to be notified when there is a new comment added to In Memory profiles?

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM - Response #10

Marian Wright wrote:

Is there any possiblity of adding a subscription to be notified when there is a new comment added to In Memory profiles?

If a Subscription service isn't added, how about showing the In Memory comments the same as Profile Comments.

When viewing "Classmate Profiles", you can filter on "Latest Profile Comments". Right now, "Profile Comments" included on the In Memory page aren't being shown. I would like to see these comments, too. Then clicking on the classmate it would go to the In Memory page for that classmate so that more comments could be added.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM - Response #11

We have a variety of Tasks midway down the Task List that involve the In Memory section, including subscription options. When we've hit those and you see how the new items work let's open the discussion on this again.

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM - Response #12

Is this still a viable discussion?

Memory subscriptions would be nice for classmates, but as the site administrator, I really wish I had a way to know about new comments added to the In Memory profiles.

Thanks.

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM - Response #13

If you are subscribed to a classmate's profile, then you have the option in Notify Me to be emailed when that classmate posts a comment on the In Memory pages, but there is no option to subscribe to a particular In Memory page and be notified when anyone comments on it.

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM - Response #14

You may have missed my point, Eric. My request is that, as admin, I would really like to be notified whenever ANY "In Memory" profile is edited, including any new comments added, so that I may monitor the content.

As a matter of fact, with multiple admins having various privileges, as the Root Admin I would actually like to be notified every time ANY page is modified by someone other than me.

I hope this idea might have a place on the task list?

Thanks!

Edited 02/25/13 5:10 PM
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM - Response #15

Added to wishlist.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 8:02 AM - Response #16

It would seem that this wish is now included in the list of Notify Me options ("A classmate posts an In Memory comment"), which I have set to "Immediate". Thank you! Smile

My question is: If I have turned OFF "auto-notify" in my Preferences page, will I still receive an auto-notification for updates made by alums? Or will they also have to check the box to manually send a notification?

Edited 04/18/13 8:03 AM
Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM - Response #17

When they add a comment, there is no checkbox. You will just be notified after they save their comment.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM - Response #18

Thank you, Kyle. I realized after I entered this post, that I could have just tested that function for my answer. Sorry!

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM - Response #19

BTW, I did add a test comment this morning (here) and was able to see that no checkbox was provided to manually notify, but --more importantly-- I have not yet received a notice for my new comment. Is that because "I'm" the one who added the comment? (therefore, no need to notify me?)

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM - Response #20

That is right. You could create a FAKE user and set up NOTIFY for the comment and then either enter a comment as the fake user or enter a comment and see if the fake user gets the e-mail.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM - Response #21

Kyle Erickson wrote:

That is right. You could create a FAKE user and set up NOTIFY for the comment and then either enter a comment as the fake user or enter a comment and see if the fake user gets the e-mail.

Thank you, Kyle. I have done just that, just now. Waiting to see if I get a notice! Smile

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM - Response #22

Both notices have just been received. All is working as expected. Thank you!!!

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM - Response #23

Good to hear. Thanks for testing.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM - Response #24

Happy to help! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.