ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to let Classmates see individual survery results?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/26/11 02:53 PM Views: 1148 Replies: 5
Friday, August 26, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I would like to create a survey that lets classmates view each other's individual responses. It does not look like the Survey Maker allows this.

Classmates will be giving Yes/No answers as well as free-form comment fields. Once a classmates completes the survey, I'd like for them to be able to view other's answers.

Any recommendations?
Thanks
Danny

Friday, August 26, 2011 at 7:36 PM - Response #1

Hi Danny,

They can see the results - they just can't see how each specific classmate responded by name.

If you set the visibility to "All Classmates" your Classmates will be able to view collective group results but will not be able to view each Classmate's specific answers like Administrators can.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, August 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM - Response #2

I've never messed with surveys, so maybe I'm not understanding.

Seems to me if the admins can see the responses they can either take a screen shot of that display or look at the source generated and create a page containing that info.

Latter needs to remove some overhead to just get the guts of the data. That's easy or hard depending on background. But once one learns this, it opens up a whole new worldIdea

Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM - Response #3

Could you tell where admins can see who voted. Never knew i could see that info. thanks

Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM - Response #4

Survey Maker, then click on the STATISTICS icon next to the survey you are interested in.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM - Response #5

Thanks for the response, but I'd like a way to allow all classmates to see all responses to a survey. I know the admin can see the individual responses. I know that classmates can see abstracted results. Need a way so classmates can see other classmates individual responses. Is there a way to do this?

For example, I'm planning an upcoming event. (not an official reunion) I'd like to have a way for classmates to answer some yes/no questions like, "I will be there on Friday night" yes/no, or "I will be there Saturday night" yes/no. So other classmates can see who will be there, when. I'd also like to have a free form text field so classmates can leave a short comment like, "Can't wait to see everyone on Friday."

Your survey tool *almost* has this capability, but not quite. The classmate forum would probably suffice, but it's not as nice as a consice survey.
Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Danny

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.