ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo uploads differ in quality

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/23/09 11:01 PM Views: 1234 Replies: 1
Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Brad,
Why do uploads of the same photo vary widely in quality when viewed on Mozilla and then IE? They look great on IE and scratchy on Mozilla. On Updates and News I have pictures of High School teachers. When you compare the two browsers for quality, there's a difference. Can I improve the quality on Mozilla without throwing IE out of whack?

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM - Response #1

I viewed your page in 3 browsers and all photos are identical. It would technically be impossible for a photo to have different qualities. A photo is what it is.

Having said that, there are some reasons a photo can appear to have lesser quality in one browser vs. another, although these days it would be very rare:

1) Some service providers may compress photos more highly in a default browser they may bundle with their service. AOL used to do this and it drove people crazy, as photos often looked good everywhere but AOL.

2) You have one browser on one computer and another browser on another. Your resolution and/or color depth is different on the 2 computers.

I can't think of anything else. Bottom line though, your photos look the same in all browsers. I have no doubt you're seeing the photo in one browser with lesser quality, possibly for one of the 2 reasons above, but I'm confident that's not the case for 99% of your viewers who are seeing everything the same.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.