ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist music on the High School website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/09/08 11:13 PM Views: 1386 Replies: 8
Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 11:13 PM

I just now installed a Music Playlist module in the PHOTO/MUSIC page of our website. I wanted it to go on top of our Photo page,but somehow ended up on the bottom.no biggie.

Is there a way to install the playlist.com module on any of our High School website pages that will continue playing WITHOUT shutting off once you leave a particular page?

Thanks, Jim Tobin

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 11:42 PM - Response #1

IF you want the player at the top, simply move your code to the top of the page.

Your best bet for continual music is to enable the pop out player at Playlist.com when making your code. This way your Classmates can "pop out" the player and hear the music the entire time while browsing your site.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 11:43 PM - Response #2

I have not found a way to keep it playing without using the "Pop Out Player". If you click the "Pop Out Player" they can continue to listen to the music as they surf the site. I put this message under my player.

The playlist above only plays while you're on this Home page.
If you want to listen to the playlist while you're
viewing other pages on this website,
you can click on the
POP-OUT PLAYER
box on the bottom of the playlist box.
Also, if you want to request a song to be added to the playlist,
use the Contact Us link on top of Home page.'Very Happy'

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 2:59 AM - Response #3

Thanks Anita,
WOW! You certainly have done wonders with the site, That should keep people engaged. I did not know you could edit the homepage top section with your school picture...is that in the FAQ's? I enjoyed your site! Also the speaking avantar, is that also something yur did yourself or is that also a third party plugin? Jim

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 3:01 AM - Response #4

Thank you once again Brad. Its tempermental at times to place the link at the very top, takes a few times. Thanks. Jim

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 3:40 AM - Response #5

Show it who's boss until it behaves. Smile

Click on Edit School/Logos to upload your school photo into your design.

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM - Response #6

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for the compliment! It is much appreciated!

I love your "In Our Prayers" page! What a great way to let you classmates know important things that are going on in their friends lives and you have alot of entries there. My site hasn't gotten that far yet. I have been working on it the last 30 days, but thus far still have not located our senior class list. I contacted the school...haven't heard from them...contacted a couple of classmates and asked them to send me a list from their yearbooks and either they can't find them or haven't sent it to me to this point and my husband and I, who are both in this class, have moved several times, and I have packed our yearbooks away and now I can't find them...anyway I am sure this is more information than you wanted to know!! LOL

The avatar comes from Bravenet. You will have to get a free account and they allow you a free avatar. The voice is mine. It is recorded just like a podcast would be. Bravenet is a great resource for cool web tools. Here is the link: http://bravenet.com
Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited 09/12/08 10:08 AM
Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 4:47 PM - Response #7

Hi Anita! I just checked out your site again after seeing this thread. WOW! I sort of recall that you had problems with your home page blowing out before. It looks really great now! I might look into some of your 3rd party plug-ins for my site. You have worked very hard on yours. Great job! Tam

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM - Response #8

Hi Tam,
Thanks! Yes it did take me a while to figure out how the Class Creator Website works, but I think I am getting the hang of it now. There are lots of third party plug ins out there that will add bling to our sites! I am glad that you liked some of the ones I chose. Feel free to use any of them you like.
Anita

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.