ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Price Increase

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/28/16 10:48 PM Views: 1287 Replies: 12
Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM

I have no problem with a price increase. Class Creator does a fantastic job. Just wish we had a bit more warning so I could go to the committee.
The first email "Watch your email for details in the next couple days!" I'm watching.
Oh, by the way, I clicked on the link for the new prices. They look like the old prices to me.

Scott

Monday, August 29, 2016 at 6:42 AM - Response #1

Under Admin Functions, if you click on "Subscription," you'll see the current prices in effect until Sep. 1. Our class has the Premium plan at $549 for ten years. That goes up to $750 on Sep. 1.

Every so often, Class Creator comes out with a subscription special that is impossible to resist. A while back, they offered a discounted 10 year subscription with 1 gigabyte of storage, and then another offer of 10 years with 2 gigabytes of storage. We took advantage of both offers, extending our subscription 2035. I hope Class Creator is still around in 2035, and myself as well!

Edit on 8/29/16: I see CC has just posted another offer of up to 25% off for 10 years with 2 gigabytes of additional storage. Jump on it!

Edited 08/29/16 11:52 AM
Monday, August 29, 2016 at 8:13 AM - Response #2

Scott Miller,

For the Platinum plan which you are on, the 5 and 10 year prices stayed the same. For the 3-year and 1-year and Monthly, the prices increased. So that is probably why you say that the prices stayed the same because you are looking at the 5 or 10 year rates.

Monday, August 29, 2016 at 12:17 PM - Response #3

Those of us grandfathered in years ago at no cost will be subjected to ads now? I am not happy with the options.

We really weren't given much notice to discuss the pros and cons for approval of the expenditure.

Monday, August 29, 2016 at 12:28 PM - Response #4

Grandfathered still means the same thing. Nothing will change. Put a smile on that face!

Monday, August 29, 2016 at 12:31 PM - Response #5

OK, THANKS!

Monday, August 29, 2016 at 12:39 PM - Response #6

There is a grandfathered plan, that isn't offered any more. It was only for the first customers. There is now a "Free (ads)". They get 200MB of storage where a grandfathered website is limited to 25MB of storage. If you were ever considering increasing your storage and wanted to do it before the price increases, you would want to do it now.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 10:11 AM - Response #7

Thanks - no ads is good for us.

We don't need all the extras, as it is I can barely keep up with what we have. My classmates aren't especially computer savvy, more and more are keeping up with friends and family via Facebook. You will also notice I don't do Facebook either. We elected to skip it for our class at least for now.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 10:54 AM - Response #8

Question: I am looking at the Class Creator Pricing page and it has a dropdown for multi year pricing. I have a multi year unlimited years and I am paying $16 per month. From what I am seeing this price will go up to $68 per month, is that correct?

Edited 08/31/16 10:59 AM
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:13 AM - Response #9

Hi Lynn,

Check the original email that was sent it had a link to the price changes that affect your site. In your case base them on the single year pricing as that is how your site is treated in our billing system.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:17 AM - Response #10

Thank you so much. Yes, I was hoping that was correct, but when I saw the new multi year price on the website it just made me wonder. In my email there is only a link to my subscription page and it just shows the current prices. I wish I could take advantage of the 2gb and at least the 3 year but since I pay for the site personally just cannot do it right now. Thank you again.

I've been on Class Creator since February 2009, and with all the years we have you would think I would get some donations but over the years have only had about 3. So, I pay for it myself and really didn't want to have to stop! Thank you again.

Edited 08/31/16 11:20 AM
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:51 AM - Response #11

Need clarification. Our site is currently paid through 02-02-2021. Will the price increase effect our site?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 12:41 PM - Response #12

The price increases will be across the board to all websites. That is why the emails went out. Any subscriptions you have before tomorrow will be exactly what you paid for. In other words, if your subscription is paid through 2-2-2021, it will still be paid through that date and at the price you paid when you subscribed.

However, starting tomorrow, all prices will be increasing. So when the date is 2-3-2021 and you need another subscription, the new prices will effect your website at that time.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.