The editor is changing the tag to

and I can't make it stop doing that.

Anybody?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM - Response #1

On what page of your site?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 3:56 PM - Response #2

Home page

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 4:06 PM - Response #3

The / added by the editor is perfectly fine. HTML code has changed a little over time and it's normal. Both ways actually work just fine, slash or no slash. You havee that tag up near the top of your page anyway though, where it wouldn't be doing anything. In fact in the position you have it, there is nothing right aligned to clear. It's no different from just putting a
tag up there with no clear="right". I.E. all that tag is doing is just putting in 1 white space.

People typically use the
command to force the content that comes next in the code to appear at the conclusion of wherever the right hande modules ended. Because some of those modules vary in size daily (Birthday, History, etc.) this tag is the only way to absoulely be certain your next content on the page always starts below those modules.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM - Response #4

So then where in my Home Page content would I put the tag in order to make sure that Firefox places the Home page content below the right hand modules?

thank you for your help!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 4:33 PM - Response #5

Oops sorry, when I look at your home page again, I now see that the content in the editor is actually the first home page content you have. Everything I saw above that is actually all coming from your Announcements. Which is all good and well. The way you have it set up is absolutely correct. And it's also working great, / and all. The content you have below that tag can never begin before the right modules end.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.