ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

dependable slide show w/o ads?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/25/10 12:16 PM Views: 1815 Replies: 7
Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Hi,

I would like to locate a free or paid slide show host that doesn't run ads and is dependable. Wishful thinking?

Slide.com is not an option as they run ads and it is impossible to keep updating a slide show of over 100 images. With much effort, I managed to get 147 classmates (all classmate registrants on our site) then had to create a second show to get the next group up.

Anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks very much,
Donna

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM - Response #1
peoplesladycupofcoffeerobeanimatedredhead.gif

Hi Donna,
I found the following in my "journeys" and posted it in August under slide show site/third party forum...haven't tried it myself, but Bonita wrote that it's a good find, and user friendly. Perhaps it will work for you.
kris

"Hi,
Just passing along a new site for slide shows,etc. It seems that slide.com has that never ending pop-up pet stuff, and this one seems to be pop-up free, and there's "no charge".
Haven't tried it yet to see if it is "idiot proof", but the "final product" is impressive, from what I have seen!
www.kizoa.com
Maybe it will work for someone.
Have Fun!
kris

Edited 09/25/10 1:15 PM
Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM - Response #2
peoplebucketoverdoor.gif

sorry about the duplicity...goes with my other "challenges"!
Ohwell!
Have a great day anyway!

Edited 09/25/10 1:14 PM
Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

If you are a premium member (not a grandfathered free site), you've already got a slide show program without ads -- just create a Gallery and convert it into a slide show.

Visit your "Gallery Creator" to see the new features, added about a month ago.Wink

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM - Response #4

a free one..

www.photofilmstrip.org

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM - Response #5

DONNA EWOLDT wrote:

Hi,

I would like to locate a free or paid slide show host that doesn't run ads and is dependable. Wishful thinking?

Slide.com is not an option as they run ads and it is impossible to keep updating a slide show of over 100 images. With much effort, I managed to get 147 classmates (all classmate registrants on our site) then had to create a second show to get the next group up.

Anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks very much,

I hate the ads on Slide too. I am redoing all mine using Kizoa. Kris recommended it a while back. Very easy and lots of fun things you can do. I did pay for the upgrade, it's worth it. Not on site yet. Good luck, Bonita
Donna

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM - Response #6

Kizoa works for me. Check out my In memory page

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM - Response #7

I really like www.Vimeo.com. VArious levels of storage purchasable for slide show as well as long videos.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.