ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Disappearing Pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/29/08 12:10 PM Views: 1388 Replies: 8
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 12:10 PM

OK Brad, it has done it again. I uploaded pictures to my School Memories page, I saved it and viewed them. I went out of the site and back in later and the pictures were gone, only the little red x shows. Help again! If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I promise I won't do it again!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM - Response #1

Make sure you upload the photo before you save. Also make sure the photo is no more than 1000 pixels wide.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM - Response #2

They were all under 500 pix wide and I did upload them.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 3:29 PM - Response #3

There must be something going on with your browser, since I am uploading with no issues.

I will email you to get an example photo to upload.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 3:34 PM - Response #4

I just uploaded them again, went out and back in and they were there. I may have figured something out or maybe it has nothing to do with it. You can probably tell me. Whenever I upload a photo and save it, it always comes out larger on the actual page than it was in edit mode. I have been using the back button to go back in to edit mode, re-type the same width that is there and save it again. Could it have something to do with using the back button?

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 4:03 PM - Response #5

Yes it could. Go back into the page after you have saved it. Don't use the back button.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 12:31 AM - Response #6

Exactly. Let me shed a little more light on this. If you upload a photo to your site that is larger than can fit on your site, our system will automatically resize your photo to the maximum possible width when you save it. So if you go back into edit mode, you're now going to see the smaller, resized photo.

But instead, you are clicking the Back button, which is taking you back to a photo that now technically no longer exists. Bottom line: If you upload photos that are too big for your site, always save your page first, then go back into edit mode with the Edit button, NOT your Back button.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 7:25 AM - Response #7

Thanks Brad for your usual excellent service. I knew it had to be some stupid thing I was doing since no one else seemed to be having the problem. Let's see if I can get through the day without having to ask you something.Laughing

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 6:40 PM - Response #8

Actually it's not stupid at all. In fact frankly we were stumped why this was happening sometimes until Rhonda figured it out in your particular case.

Mike, can se disable the back button after somebody has uploaded a photo and saved? I mean, I know they can click it, but can we make the page not load again? If we allow the editor to load again when hitting the back button, and then people manipulate an image that no longer exists on the server, this is what's causing (and will continue to cause) these image issues we've been seeing sometimes.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.