ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

New "Do Not Contact" field

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/09/11 09:06 PM Views: 1282 Replies: 4
Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 9:06 PM

We've had several classmates that do not want to be contacted by mail or any other method (and make this quite clear). I suspect that this might be fairly common.

What's the chance of adding a "Do Not Contact" field and then when generating things like the class list, include the ability to exclude "Do Not Contact"?

(We can usurp some other field to designate this - but that sort of hack is not as nice a solution.)

Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM - Response #1

I'll circulate internally for future development consideration.

Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM - Response #2

Hi from NC. I don't understand folks who take the time to join an alumni site (which expresses their interest) - but then asks not to be contacted. One suggestion I have, but at the same time, would need CC to answer a question: If the Root Admin deleted an email addy for a current member -- that of course would prevent them from receiving messages. But the question is: would the member still be able to sign on???

Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:43 AM - Response #3

Once somebody has joined you can't delete an email address. You can only change the email address (because it serves as login ID). If an Admin changes the email address for a Classmate, no, the Classmate will no longer be able to log in.

Monday, January 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM - Response #4

These classmates have not joined, but we do know their mailing address. So technically they are not "missing" - which is another method, but not appealing because then others will email us saying they have "found" them.

It could also be used to restrict emails of course.

More a little trinket to ease things. Confused

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.