ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Correspondance with members

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/18/13 02:44 PM Views: 991 Replies: 20
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I have been going to a classmate's profile on their birthday to send a note wishing them well. Do I now have to go to the email class and eliminate everyone else in order to contact them? Most are not on my personal email list, as I only contact them for class business or birthday wishes.
I'm afraid I do not like some of these new changes - but I'm older and change confuses me.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM - Response #1

On the classmate's profile, under their top-left photo, there should be an envelope and "Send ______ a message". Click that link and the form to send an email will pop up and you can send a private message.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM - Response #2

I still have found several classmates on my website without the option to send then a message. Maybe Lara is having the same problem.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM - Response #3

Kyle Erickson wrote:

On the classmate's profile, under their top-left photo, there should be an envelope and "Send ______ a message". Click that link and the form to send an email will pop up and you can send a private message.

I DON'T LIKE THE WAY THE NEW SYSTEM IS SET UP FOR SENDING AN INDIVIDUAL A MESSAGE TO WISH THEM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF MESSAGE. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM - Response #4

Our main website administrator sent me this email: 'Thanks for the update on the website. I do NOT like the new setup I can’t send my messages through your profile anymore.' I am unsure what this is all about. Maybe you can help explain what is going on.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM - Response #5

to send a birthday greeting, I always click on their name on the birthday list and a private message box magically appears.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM - Response #6

Andy Krauser wrote:

to send a birthday greeting, I always click on their name on the birthday list and a private message box magically appears.

NOT ANY MORE

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM - Response #7

William, you are correct. Just tried it and is sent me to his profile page. But all I did was click on send a message and it worked well with no problem.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM - Response #8

It works ok, if there is a "send message" box.. Some of my classmates do not have that option on their profile, so until that gets corrected, several classmates can't receive messages from others..

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM - Response #9

I have tried on several classmates and goes nowhere....... the envelope is there and the "send a message to ___"

12/19..............thanks! It has been fixed from what I find!

Do like the new format!!!

Edited 12/19/13 11:01 AM
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 9:23 PM - Response #10

I sent a message to a classmate earlier this evening and it worked fine.. But, now nothing is working on my site. I tried to change some pictures on my own profile, but, everything is frozen..

Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM - Response #11

First of all, I would like to say that I love the new format. Thank you for adding something I believe will generate interaction among classmates.

That said I spot checked some profiles and the message link doesn't seem to work.

Maggie

Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM - Response #12

What I've found is that if the classmate has not checked the box indicating

"Allow classmates to enter comments on my Profile page"

on his profile, the send message indicator is not shown...there is no ability to send a message to the classmate from his page.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM - Response #13

Linda Knaus wrote:

on his profile, the send message indicator is not shown...there is no ability to send a message to the classmate from his page.

Understood. However, the problem is with classmates who have the icon whom I normally message.

M

Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM - Response #14

Linda Knaus wrote:

Good catch! However, as before, irrespective of whether or not the classmate checks this box, one should have the ability to send a message to the person from their profile. I trust CC will consider this a bug and fix it at some point.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM - Response #15

ExactlyExclamation Comments and messages are two different things. There need to be three new options (I listed in profile topic).

F C Bock wrote:

Good catch! However, as before, irrespective of whether or not the classmate checks this box, one should have the ability to send a message to the person from their profile. I trust CC will consider this a bug and fix it at some point.

Monday, December 23, 2013 at 8:04 AM - Response #17

I still have many classmates with no "Send message to...." on their profile page. Some do, some don't? I just checked and it is if classmates have checked or not checked the "Allow classmates to enter comments on my Profile page". This is causing problems!

Edited 12/23/13 8:22 AM
Thursday, December 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM - Response #19

The ""Send message to...." on their profile page." ... is in our testing system currently and should be released to the live profiles with the next set of updates. Thanks for your patience. Smile

Thursday, December 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM - Response #20

Thank you, Scott...........happy holidays to all the CC crew!

Edited 12/26/13 1:48 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.