ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Site hiatus

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/08/12 01:15 PM Views: 1227 Replies: 4
Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I have been asked by some members of our site that if after a reunion is over, and the members have little or no interest in the site, if ClassCreator provides a pause option in hosting a site?
The thought behind this is that the members are in the 70 and 80's, don't use computers very often, and reunions are usually only every 5 years. So, they were wondering if a site could be put on hiatus for 4 years and then be reactivated to plan the next reunion with most things in tact as when it was last active?

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM - Response #1

Our policy is that after 60 days past the expiration of a site subscription, we can no longer guarantee that the site will remain on our servers. We really can't afford to provide free storage for all the sites that would want to only activate and pay for their sites for a few months out of every five years.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM - Response #2

Out of curiousity, I was going to be asking the same thing as Earl did. I'm sure we'll keep our site going for several more years but CC might consider a "storage fee" (i.e., after a certain number of paid subscription years, charge an amount to keep the site dormant for up to X number of years before it must be activated again).

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 7:31 PM - Response #3

Won't there be an interest like there was before the reunion? How did they check in if they had no computer? I keep my folks updated on illnesses, deaths, "events" to keep them interested.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM - Response #4

Our site has been up for several years and our folks have remained interested. We're well over 28,000 hits and that grows every day.
I guess we're lucky...............

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.