ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding sound to image

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/12/09 03:55 AM Views: 1469 Replies: 4
Monday, October 12, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Brad,
Will you review my html code on the "Survey Results" page. I'm trying to have the car sound auto play when the page opens. I linked the sound to the jumping car gif image because I didn't want to "see" the sound object, however the sound will only play when the image is "clicked on" and then it opens a separate window to display the audio/x-wav object. I tried using all sorts of html codes but can't figure it out! What am I missing? I've been at this for hours Confused
Thanks!

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 8:14 AM - Response #1

Hi Trish,

If you want to embed a sound object to make it play, don't use the link object because that will mean you need to click on it.

I have edited your survey and now the audio will play. You can look at the code if you want to see what I did.

I also set the height and width to 0 so the sound player doesn't show up.

One thing you might want to do. I noticed a problem with Firefox. The sound started, then quit halfway through. I think it releates to buffering up the sound. I think that instead of referencing the sound on another server, if you uploaded the sound to your File Vault and then copied the URL from the File Vault to the embed object, then the sound will play better on Firefox.

Let me know if you need help with the above steps.

Edited 10/12/09 8:19 AM
Monday, October 12, 2009 at 9:31 AM - Response #2

Kyle,
Thanks for tweaking the code for me. I tried everything I could think of last night. I did try to upload the sound to my file vault last night, but couldn't get it to work. Wasn't sure why. I think I finally got the file to go into my vault this morning. Can you check the code to be sure it is coming from the vault?
Thanks again!
--Trish

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM - Response #3

Trish,

I checked it and fixed it where needed. The embed code still was referencing the audio file that was not from the File Vault, so I changed it. There was also a link around the embed code, I removed that because nobody could click the link because the embed code was height=0 and width=0, so nothing to click.

Monday, October 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM - Response #4

Thanks again Kyle!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.