ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Donation Disclaimer

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/23/09 10:46 AM Views: 1311 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I can't remember who's site it was on here but I noticed a disclaimer on their donation request.

Does anyone have a good worded disclaimer that I could use since I think I am closer to setting that section up.

ThanksVery Happy

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 7:49 PM - Response #1

What type of disclaimer are you looking to find?

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 9:16 PM - Response #2

I wish I could remember once again whose it was but something where they said to avoid any type of legal issues yada yada yada....that the donation may not be tax deductible (although I don't know why it wouldn't be)....and so on

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 1:47 AM - Response #3

Unless your organization is recognized under 501 code, there is no tax deduction.
Even if you are a 501, if you charge for an event, the only tax deductible amount would be anything over the actual cost of services. For example, $25 for a meal that costs $20 would only garner a $5 deduction.
AND... Only if they itemized and ONLY if they had enough deductions, and ONLY....
You get the idea.
Unless you are taking in large donations with no value to the classmate, I'd just skip any "disclaimer" and say that "Portions of your donations may be tax deductible. Please consult with whoever prepares your taxes."

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.