ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

FIRE FOX issues

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/28/11 11:21 PM Views: 1821 Replies: 14
Monday, November 28, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Unfortunately, I am not able to "subscribe" to update notifications using FireFox. I know FireFox updated itself not too long ago so maybe something got un-wired/coded in the update.

Maybe You can look into this? Thanks

Shocked

Monday, November 28, 2011 at 11:35 PM - Response #1

Looks like you are using an old version of FireFox - 3.6.24
New version 8.0.1 is much faster and more secure.

Click HERE to Download

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM - Response #2

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Looks like you are using an old version of FireFox - 3.6.24
New version 8.0.1 is much faster and more secure.

Wow you were right about that. But the update didn't fix the "subscribe" function for classmates profiles changes. Crying or Very sad

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM - Response #3

Not sure what may be causing this. I just tried to replicate and cannot. I was able to be logged in as you and go to your Profile Subscriptions and update these subscriptions (I undid what I tested). Could you possibly send a screen capture? Maybe you are seeing something different from what I see?

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 12:05 AM - Response #4

Simply, when I put a checkmark in the box to be notified when profiles are updated and then I click "notify me", nothing happens. My browser does not reload. There is no response at all.

Previously, when I clicked on "notify me" it would say that I am now subscribed to that person.

I'm sorry, I do not know how to do a screen capture.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 11:28 AM - Response #5

Give me one of the names that you are trying to add. Go add it and then navigate away from that page. Then let me know. I'll be able to see if you were successful. The page automatically saves the selection... there is no save button. Another thing you can do is look at the statement below the classmates list that tells you how many people you are following. That number should increase with every addition.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 6:16 PM - Response #6

Corrine Brown Walker was one of the last ones. I usually add everyone (since I'm admin) so I can keep track/get notified when people make changes.

Thanks for you help.
Best,
Irma

PS I did click "notify me" (again) and it did nothing (again)

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 6:28 PM - Response #7

Irma,

It looks like the NOTIFY ME on the classmate's profile page is broken. I will have a programmer look into this.

Until then, you can do the same thing on the PROFILE SUBSCRIPTION page under the MEMBER FUNCTIONS.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 6:39 PM - Response #8

But, meanwhile, you gave me another way to do that.
I went under " profiles subscriptions" and can check the boxes from there.
I'll leave Corrine's UNchecked so you can see what is wrong!
Thanks so much for your help Very Happy

Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM - Response #9

I just checked using firefox 8 on windows 7 and got a completely normal response when subscribing and then unsubscribing to Corinne's profile.

Friday, December 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM - Response #10

Just this week, I have not been able to REPLY back in our Packer Message Forum. I use Firefox and never had a problem before. I just update to the latest version of Firefox and still nothing. I only see a white page. Some of the natives are getting restless about this.

Friday, December 2, 2011 at 4:01 PM - Response #11

Irma,

The NOTIFY ME and UNSUBSCRIBE buttons on the classmate's profile display page now work.

Class of '69 - we are aware of the problem and working on a soloution

Friday, December 2, 2011 at 4:40 PM - Response #12

Hi Teresa,

I've experienced the same and since read that we are not alone.

I'm sure they will let us know when they have completed troubleshooting it, as Kyle did above.

Have a great weekend.Smile

Friday, December 2, 2011 at 6:54 PM - Response #13

Thanks. I will be patient.

Monday, December 5, 2011 at 10:41 AM - Response #14

Hi Teresa,

We're aware of and working on the forum reply problem. Please bear with us. Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.