ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Teachers

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/21/08 02:01 PM Views: 1258 Replies: 3
Monday, July 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM

A question came up yesterday as to staying in contact with teachers. There was a number of people who thought it would be really cool if their could either be another page (like the classmates profiles page) or a page that connects across the school pages that teachers that taught at the school could create profiles (if they wanted) and keep in touch with students. Is there a way to do this. Sorry if it's already been answered in a previous question.

Thanks!

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM - Response #1

We may be able to work this into our upcoming "alumni system" which will allow a site to span multiple graduating years under one web address and common login area. But if somebody is not specifically running an alumni site for multiple years, I'm unsure how we would allow multiple years to share the teachers area, as there are numerous Site Administrators for many schools spanning many years. Who would have master edit authority over the teacher's area?

We'll start by adding a Teacher Profile area to any alumni (multi year) site once that's ready to roll. If, or when, or how we could incorporate teacher profiles into non connected sites remains to be determiend. We're certainly open to suggestions.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 4:28 PM - Response #2

I would love to see this feature added to the alumni group. Please please please include it in your program.

Another idea I am investigating is to set up a blog for the teachers that links to our site.

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 2:05 AM - Response #3

I am also working on something for our class to go on our site and just remember the names of some of their teachers and stir up some memories to place on another page. We keep saying "Oh, you remember , there was a teacher who went withus on trips and..." but we can't remember names. That kind of page can be left on for later use in a different way, taken off when not needed or just stored on an administrator's computer.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.