ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Maiden

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/28/08 08:42 PM Views: 1422 Replies: 9
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I have a huge problem that I need some help with. When I uploaded I got the Maiden and Married names backwards. The girls are having a hard time finding themselves here. I know what you are thinking "why don't they look up their married name if they cannot find themselves by their Maiden name?" I do not know the answer just that it is confusing everyone. I am thinking I have about 850 names made profiles and some 1,020 in the 'in memory'. I think I would have to delete all others if possible and reload all again. Of course the original (married woman only) would have to do another profiie because they would be listed twice. Is there a way to delete only non-profile and "in memory".

I feel swamped!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 9:18 PM - Response #1

Can't you go into "Manage Classmates" and then edit information for the classmate and delete the names and correct them.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 1:02 AM - Response #2

Goto manage classmates and download the list then open it in excel and swap the columns with the names and upload, fixed in under 5 minutes. Be sure to backup the file before swapping anything. I just looked at your site HOLY COW!!!! I thought I was ambitious with uploading 500 yearbook pictures... but you have something like 25,000 people in your list! You are INSANE!!!! I wish you great luck! I don't envy you the Heculean Task you've given yourself, but I know when you are done you will either feel great relief and joy at completing your task or you will go on a homicidal rampage.... I hope it's the first!

Have a Great Day!
Hank

Edited 10/29/08 1:07 AM
Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 3:42 AM - Response #3

That's not actually going to work for you... If you switch the names and re-upload, the system is going to ignore records you've already got in the system.

Let me make sure I'm totally straight on this. Do you ONLY want to swith the Maiden Names and the Married Names? Do you need to do that across the board, on 100% of the names, or are you now needing to do it selectively?

If it's a global switch I suspect one of our programmers can simply go switch the names pretty easily. Let me know.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 10:52 AM - Response #4

Brad, That would be 100%. If there are a few that were ediited I can deal with. Thanks

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 2:19 AM - Response #5

Give us a couple days on this.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 1:39 PM - Response #6

Thank you!

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:39 PM - Response #7

Per the programmer, this is not a good solution in your case...

"Unfortunately only a portion of his import made it in since we ONLY insert the record if both the first_name and last_name aren't null. If his fields were swapped, only those records with a married_name went in anyway. He needs to reset his class list, swap the fields in his excel sheet and re-upload. Just make sure he DESELECTS any Classmates he doesn't want to remove from the system before doing the final confirmation of his class list reset."

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 12:38 PM - Response #8

Brad,
I looks like another "major" effort for me. I will havt to select over 2000 records to "not" delete. I think this is possible but still a major efford. Is there a way to say "delete only those files that are being uploaded"? or Maybe "select update profiles to 'not delete' delete the rest?"
Thanks

Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 3:18 PM - Response #9

Unfortunately there isn't Ray. I know it's going to be a pain to select that many Classmates you don't wish to delete, but the good news is you only have to do it once.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.