Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How much can we put on a page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/15/09 04:46 PM Views: 1135 Replies: 3
Friday, May 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM

reliancehigh,com
Brad,
Is there a limit to the amount of photos/data we can put on a single page? We would like to add the class wills and class histories to our Yearbooks page. Or, can we create another page and if so, how?

Thanks,
barbara

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 5:22 PM - Response #1

If you go into your Edit Site Pages area, you can activate any of your available 8 Customizable Links to add your own new pages to your site.

No, there really is no limit to page size. You could type in all kinds of information and/or place numerous photos on the page. Having said that though, I'd try to keep the content on any one page within reason. For instance, I wouldn't add 100 photos or something like that to any 1 page. I have seen some pages out there with 50 photos and another 20 third party plugins or so. Although more often than not that actually works, overloaded pages like this can be a problem, at least with some users. Really heavy pages can get into memory issues on some computers, processing issues, or connection speed issues. Even some high speed connections, such as some DSL lines, realy aren't such high speed. Too many things on one page can create a real load problem for some users. So, the bottom line is, keep the page reasonable in size (maybe up to 30 photos and a small handful of plugins at most) and you should be fine.

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 7:38 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad,

That's pretty much what I thought I knew, but as fast as technology is changing, I just thought maybe ... and I did forget about the speed issues.
So, having said that, once we have used up our 8 Customizable links, how do we create another page? I was reading about linking to another document from another one of my websites, but once the head starts spinning I have to stop. I'll try again in a day or two.

barbara

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 7:43 PM - Response #3

The original system was, and still is for the time being, limited to 8 customizable links. We did that to keep site sizes in check, but will be adding more Customizable Links and designs for premium members later this year. .

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.