ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

animated gif

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/17/08 11:15 AM Views: 1705 Replies: 3
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM

I have an animated gif that works in editor but not on the homepage. Any clues?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 11:32 AM - Response #1

I see lots of animated objects on your home page. What specific image are you referring to?

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:41 PM - Response #2

I removed the one I posted about. But now I have a Christmas tree there that's suppose to sparkle and doesn't. I have reindeer having snow ball fights, rolling snow into a ball, Santa laughing, etc and none of them will work in the body of the homepage, but you can see them working in editor. (the reindeer that is)

Edited 12/20/08 9:21 PM
Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 9:41 PM - Response #3

Call me blind, but the only 1 of these 3 that I actually see on your page is a Christmas tree, and that Christmas tree is not animated in the editor either. What is the original source of the Christmas tree animation? If you uploaded an animation that is too large for your home page, then our system would have to resize it to a smaller size, and that would kill the animated frames. One way you can easily get around this though is resize your gif animation using Irfanview first, and then upload it at an acceptable size. Irfanview will preserve your animated frames, and since you're uploading an image right off the bat that will fit, our system will not have to resize it for you, and thus you'll still have your animation tact. My guess is even though I don't see the other 2 images you're describing, they're probably all too large for the home page and being consequntly being resized upon save.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.