ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

announcements

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/26/09 09:15 PM Views: 1223 Replies: 4
Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Is there any way I can have announcements under one of the tabs and not on the first page? Also, can anyone post an annoucement without admin approval?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 9:20 PM - Response #1

The Announcement Board feature is built into your home page only; however, you can certainly type your own Announcements on any page you want.

No, nobody can post Announcements without Admin approval. Classmate-posted Announcements go into your Announcement area in an inactive state. If you don't want the Announcment to ever be seen, simply never activate it. Or you can edit the Announcement before activating it. Or you can simply activate it.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM - Response #2

One of the problems I am having with annoucements is that we have a lot of admins. It seems someone is posting with outmy knowledge. I have to admit that I like the way the way they look on the front page but we are starting to get so many that tye page is going to get pretty long. I know I can create this on a tab but then I always have to cut/paste to put it in the right spot. If anyone does something differant with announcements I would like to check it out.

Friday, March 27, 2009 at 1:08 AM - Response #3

Although no sub page Announcement feature is currently planned, I can tell you that if you are having trouble with other Admins posting announcements that you're not in favor of, you'll shortly be able to limit the ability to post Announcements on the site to only admins you wish to have this power. You'll be able to control this and a lot of other admin powers for that matter.

Monday, March 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM - Response #4

That is want I want!
Thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.