ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Web site staff

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/22/11 05:25 PM Views: 1365 Replies: 8
Friday, July 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Our reunion is next week and we've had our site up for just about a year. We have about 42% of our class registered for the site. Our reunion attendance is double what it was for the last reunion.

Many people want the web site to continue. I've been doing it by myself.

If it's going forward, I need help. I know that many of you have multiple helpers. I would like some feedback about how you're organized: who does what, etc,

This site is great. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

B-T-W, I think the folks at CC are great!

Richard Elliott
Bear River 66

Edited 07/22/11 5:26 PM
Friday, July 22, 2011 at 6:25 PM - Response #1

Hi. I suggest you send an email blast thru your site and ask folks who have an interst in helping maintain the site to raise their hand

Class Creator is great.......

Friday, July 22, 2011 at 6:40 PM - Response #2

I don't know if I'm qualified to give you an answer. But we'll give it a shot.I, too, started my site in Sept 2010. It was the first time I had done anything like this and the Class Creator crew have been quite helpful but never pushy. We have 30% of our alumni that have joined the website, although the reunion isn't until 2013. If I were to consider extending the length of the website past our reunion date, I think the help I would need is the following:
1. a co-administrator equal to me who could take over on the spur of the moment and who knows everything I know about my site
2.there should be a research person to continue finding alumni
3.there should be an entertainment person to keep the site members interested until plans for another reunion are in place.
a. gathering music and videos of the 4 high school years needed
b. perhaps a reseachers of photos (not yearbook0 of the years in question
c games, crosswords, etc. all pertaining to the alumni in question.
3. an all in one personality to answer anything that pops up from the alumni.
That's what I would do, but I am not intending for my site to continue past our reunion date. It is our 50th and I'll be tuckered out! Hope this helps.

Friday, July 22, 2011 at 7:03 PM - Response #3

Richard,
You have an amazing opportunity to "recruit" some help at your reunion next week. Capture the enthusiasm, and perhaps think of a "sign up list" of interested persons who might want to help you with the site.
Maybe you can have a laptop available on site...something we tried unsuccessfully to do, but will "next time", especially for Skype capability for those who couldn't make it to the party!
Most think it is beyond what they would be able to add to, but with ClassCreator's help, you will look like a rock star, and help others learn something new, as well as be a part of the FUN!
Perhaps others will provide insight into how to divide "tasks", but if you look for the gifts that others possess, perhaps they will volunteer in the areas of their strengths. Everyone has strengths, it may just be that you need to discover them, "recruit" them and give some guidance or encouragement!
Have a most wonderful Reunion!
And Have FUN!

Edited 07/22/11 7:04 PM
Friday, July 22, 2011 at 7:03 PM - Response #4

Great response. I too, took it upon myself to do this website. Did not ask for money from anyone else. It's my contribution. But, if anyone else wants to keep it going - I love your criteria and suggestions. Our class is very small. Do not really think anyone else will take over. I just want it to keep going long enough for everyone to see the photos and videos of our big event this coming August 12, 13 and 14th. This website has been a key element in getting our classmates together. We only have 25 in our class and have had over 1000 "hits" since it began. Thanks to this wonderful website and the wonderful help that is always there. I will be forever grateful.

Friday, July 22, 2011 at 10:14 PM - Response #5

Just a suggestion?

I asked for donations for our site after planning was done. We wound up with enough to fund 10 more years! Classmates did not want to lose all the resources and work that went into the site!

I do very little with the site now...retrieve a password, post a picture of a new grand-baby or an obit...but they still come! Every once in a while, we even have a new member show up that we spent days looking for; who seemed to be lost. I think they all enjoy knowing that they can stay in touch with old friends, should something important happen to anyone in the group. Sometimes I post a topic of conversation for the message forum, just to be certain they don't forget we are here.

I recommend it!

Friday, July 22, 2011 at 11:32 PM - Response #6

This is our first website ever as of May 2011 and I offered to take it on not knowing the full extent of what is involved. Appreciate the others' experiences.

The other classes immediately before and after ours apparently have maintained their websites for a while now.That's how I discovered CC. I am going to ask for donations at our 8/13 reunion and on our website following the reunion to renew our website each year. I think it is vital to our class staying in touch and the website has generated a lot of interest based on my observations. This is after 45 years! Wow!

Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 12:57 AM - Response #7

Originally, the Reunion Committee thought that a website would be a good way to put together the 45th Reunion, we didn’t know about CC at that time. After finding CC and getting everything setup we realized that the true value of the website was for long term use, keeping in contact with everyone in the coming years (all the reunions and other gatherings to come). That’s when Laurene and I started as the “website committee”. Then at our 45th Reunion all of the attendees wanted the website to continue. When we setup our survey after the reunion one of the questions was “Are you interested in being on the website committee?” We had 11 classmates sign up. We polled each classmate to see what they were interested in doing and found out that their various interests covered everything that needed to be done without asking classmates to do something that they weren’t interested in doing. I think that all you have to do is ask if anyone is interested and your classmates will respond.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM - Response #8

I've always considered this site to be permanent. A classmate suggested we have a website and one had a brother who clued us in to CC. So glad he did! We just asked for those interested in helping to let us know - at first it was our reunion committee (those who live in our hometown are the usual members of this committee. As we started we had offers of help in different areas. Barbara's list was a good start - even though some of the areas might not pertain to your group - pick and choose, come up with others.
I usually respond to request to join, another 2 do photos and one does music. It will work out. Remember - there will be reunions until the last group of folks die or become to ill. But we always want to know about our friends.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.