ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Combining Links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/13/10 08:09 AM Views: 1277 Replies: 4
Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 8:09 AM

If this has been addressed, I don't know where. I would like to reduce the number of links as they are getting out of hand. For example: Make one link and call it "Music" and be able to put FHS Choirs, gallery links to "Band and Flyerettes" and "Choir Article, Pics" under that; and also a link "Sports" and move the survey links to "1970 BB Tournament" and "1970 WOL Baseball" as well as the gallery link "Sports Pictures" to that link also. And maybe have a "Junior High" link and move "Five Points Yearbook" and "Central Junior High" within that.

Any of these sub-links may and probably will grow. We will be sending out our postcard in January, and I figure it will stir people to getting into basements and attics to find things; but I just think we have too many links and yet I don't want to delete anything!

Does anyone out there have an idea?

Denise

Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 8:17 AM - Response #1

One idea is to wait until the first part of next year. The new "Class Creator Menu" system will be implemented then. You will be able to rearrange all of your menu items and even place the menus items into sub-menus. This is a major project for the programmers, so it is taking a long time, but is still expected to be done first quarter of 2011.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 8:25 AM - Response #2

Kyle,

I will be so excited to see that! I truly hope it's sooner than later in 2011 as I would like to have that done before I send out my postcard, which will directly send people to the web site. The postcard will be stunning photographically, but will NOT (by design) have alot of words in 6 point type (haha!) on it, but send people to the site "for more information". As you can imagine with the examples I have used, there are people who don't give a darn about choir, or were not in sports. Having this reordered would be wonderful. I do appreciate that it's a task for you to program this, but it will be nice!

Looking forward to it,
Denise

Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM - Response #3

If these are photos and text scans, can't this be done within the Photo Gallery? We have a link for We Were There and when the classmates click on it, they have a choice of over 20 parties to view. They pick the party and then have more selections there. Regular outline structure.

Just thinking out loud...
Margaret

Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 3:31 PM - Response #4

Some of these are already created as customizable links in the beginning. I don't want to redo them in the gallery format and I think that is what I would have to do. (I got other things to do in my life!) I repurposed other survey links and galleries as I needed them, so they are a mish-mash of different kinds of links. Kyle, jump in here if I am wrong. That is what I am thinking. I would rather wait for the update. Right now I am having a neighborhood party, writing a Christmas letter and continuing to update the site with new photos from our cruise!!! And with holidays bearing down on me, I don't want to do a lot of work right now. I thought there was an easy fix.

Denise

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.