ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pop-up advertising in announcement

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/28/17 11:28 PM Views: 1033 Replies: 4
Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 11:28 PM

I just posted an obituary in an announcement. For some reason, the words "education for", and "education" trigger pop-up advertising. The pop-ups have to do with education. I don't see anything in the edit announcement window that would cause this issue. I don't know what to do to eliminate the pop-up.
When I previewed what I had written, the word "advertising" triggered an ad for email marketing services.
Is this something built into the website?

Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 11:34 PM - Response #1

Susan,

It sounds like your computer might be infested with Malware. This is one of the symptoms of malware. That functionality is not part of the ClassCreator system.

You should run a malware detection/removal program. One that I use is Malware Bytes. It is free and seems to do a good job. (unpaid endorsement).

Good luck.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 11:55 PM - Response #2

Maybe it is a Texas/Gulf Coast issue Susan. LOL
We have been having the very same issue.
Hoping it will just ‘go away’ on its own.
Steve

Friday, December 29, 2017 at 12:29 AM - Response #3

I took Kyle's advice and installed and ran Malwarebytes. The announcement looks fine now. If you are having the same issue, you might give it a try.

Friday, December 29, 2017 at 1:24 AM - Response #4

To clarify (I think) - this means that a USER'S system is infected with malware. Same thing Kyle wrote, just making sure that anyone that reports this has picked up a program that latched onto their browser.

MalwareBytes is a great program. Have had it for about as long as it's been around 2006. I got it when the fee was "lifetime". Now it's a yearly fee. Also does real time catching of bad sites. IOW, it usually stops things like this from happening in the first place.

You can run it for free to do a scan though. Real time for 14 days. Seems to get along with anti-virus fine on Win10LINK

STEVE STEIN wrote:

Maybe it is a Texas/Gulf Coast issue Susan. LOL
We have been having the very same issue.
Hoping it will just ‘go away’ on its own.
Steve

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.