ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile page does not open

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/09/12 03:57 PM Views: 1706 Replies: 9
Monday, July 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I have a classmate that cannot view another's profile. The profile does not open...instead a blank yellow screen (our colors)appears.
I checked our classmates' profile & they have selected to allow classmates to view their profile page.
This classmate reports that it happens with other profiles also. Any ideas what could be the problem could be.
Thanks, John

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM - Response #1

We have absolutely no idea what it could possibly be. However, if you provide us the name of the classmate whose profile won't display, then we'll be able to take a look and possible diagnose and/or resolve the issue.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM - Response #2

Eric- I gave her specific instructions...again... & I'm waiting for another reply.
The classmate's name is Lynn Lavorgna McCrea. Her profile page opens fine for me. I've asked the other classmate to supply me with the info on what system she's working with.
I've also asked for other profile names that she's having the same issue with & haven't heard back yet.

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM - Response #3

Eric- Our classmate Elayne Bendel Skinner is still having issues opening profiles. Here are 4 emails she just sent to me. I had asked her for addt'l names that had the yellow screen problem. Can any of this be a help to You?
From Elayne:

Here's one for Barbara Levy which on the links page indicates something is posted but I get a yellow screen. http://www.hamdencths1962.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=3697431

martha marino http://www.hamdencths1962.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=3697457

Charlotte Leveton is an example . Also the same useless URL http://www.hamdencths1962.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=3695921

However your site opens for me. http://www.hamdencths1962.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=3694644

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM - Response #4

Have her turn off the Instant Messaging or maybe try a different browser. Sometimes if Instant Messaging is turned on, just the background shows up.

She can also try to press the browser's REFRESH or RELOAD button (usually VIEW/RELOAD or VIEW/REFRESH) because that sometimes fixes the problem.

Also, can you report back which browser she is using.

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM - Response #5

Thanks, Kyle. I'm waiting for her reply.
I also had to turn off my IM (different issue) but it's a PIA to turn on & off to take advantage of IM. Oh well.

But thanks for your IR (instant reply).
John

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM - Response #6

Kyle- BTW: she said some profiles DO open fine. Some don't. Very starnge, yes?

Monday, July 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM - Response #7

Kyle- She is using IE but doesn't know the version.
However, she logged in with Google Chrome & is now able to view the profile pages.
I asked her to find the IE version for me because I know there are issues with, I think...IE8 &/or IE9.

Hopefully this has solved her problem. I'm in the middle of organizing our 50th reunion for this October & I'm up to my hoo-ha with work. The fewer side issue/problems I have, the better it is.

Many thanks for your help. It just slipped my mind to suggest she try another browser. Sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks,John

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM - Response #8

Kyle- Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. She is using IE9. Did I understand there are issues with IE9?

Any way, you wanted to know the browser that caused her problems. She reports no problem with Google Chrome.

Thanks, John

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM - Response #9

There are no problems now with IE9, so long as the browser compatibility settings are the default ones.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.