ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Year Book Photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/25/12 10:12 PM Views: 1790 Replies: 6
Friday, May 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Hi, I am in the process of adding yearbook photos to my site. I am adding those that have signed up and then the deceased.

When it comes time to printout the nametags...will it print all of the photos on the site or will I have the option to pick which ones I want printed?

Eventally, I will have all classmates added(over 600)..it is a long process but alittle each day is best for this project. I do not want to be overwhelmed too close to the reunion date to deal with this stuff. BTW...my reunion is not til 7/2013!!

Friday, May 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM - Response #1

You will have the option to print ALL the classmate nametags or to print only those who said they are coming to the reunion. Each nametag will have the class/yearbook photo. you can choose to print the photo or not, but cannot decide which photos to print (cannot choose a classmate uploaded photo instead).

Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 3:11 AM - Response #2

[i]Hi Meg,
My reunion is a few months sooner than yours (March 2013), but my school was so much smaller (75 seniors) that you would think it is impossible to become overwhelmed. But I do. My suggestion would be to dole out more of this work to committees.When I formed my first committee, I still did too much of the work, research, planning, whatever. My mistake was that [u]I[u]formed the committee. I've learned to pick one individual whom I believe is capable of executing the task I ask. Then wash your hands of it. Let him/her do the task, pick their own committee men, in whom they believe. Idea
That was a good question you had. I never thought about it before, but I'm glad I have the answer to it now.
Barbara [i]

Edited 05/26/12 3:13 AM
Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM - Response #3

Hi Meg,
I thought to add my classmates' yearbook photos only when they signed up. Then I thought about it and decided I'd rather have it done. I had about 358 and had them uploaded faster than I thought possible. Everyone has their own way of doing things. This was one task I did not want to repeat over and over. That shared, I have only added photos of the deceased on the alumni site. I'm leaving the yearbook uploads to each class... when someone steps up to manage their class. Wink

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM - Response #4

We only have 27,000 to do. I think we have about 3,000 done so far. Cutting and pasting each picture is not to bad. The hard part is uploading. I think it took 7 hours to do about 500. I have not heard of any easier way to up load these like naming the picture the same as the classmate number for example. If so we would change directions and getting ready for this.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM - Response #5

Ray,

When we cropped the individual photos, we gave them the file name of the classmate - alphabetically, last name first. Ex: Smith, John

It made sense to me as that is the order they are in under Manage Classmates.

Scanning and uploading... sigh. If you would share with us, there is some info that will help others who read this and are just starting out.

1) What year range are your yearbook photos.
2) What are the settings you used to scan the pages? (i.e. 300 dpi; grayscale)

Thanks for sharing. I must remember to think of you when I begin to grumble. Though I have three sites, they are not YET close to the number of names/members you have.
Cool

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM - Response #6

Gwen,

I scan them a few different ways. We just obtained 20 yearbooks so I have a committee member who will cut the bindings off. Another committee member will then scan. We try to scan over 600 dpi if possible. Then we copy and paste using different programs but a few use Microsoft Paint. We also use last name first. Then the hard part is uploading. I really takes some time to do this. At last check CC is not planning on any upgrades to this part of of the program. I would love to hear that it is on the radar so that we just concentrate on coping and not uploading.

Any word?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.