ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Chat Dialogue stays hidden behind Screen

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/29/13 10:27 AM Views: 932 Replies: 6
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I just tried to Chat with a classmate and found that clicking the Chat choice keeps the Chat screen hidden behind Home Page. I have CENTER applied.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM - Response #1

Investigating this one today, thanks Derrell.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:02 PM - Response #2

You can clear your cache and reload. Should work now.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM - Response #3

Thanks Scott,

I just now found a classmate online to check this. Chat stays to the forefront and not covered up any longer.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM - Response #4

Wonderful news! Checked it and it is forward.

Thanks so much! Smile

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM - Response #5

I have another question that 'kinda' relates to this.

Testing the view of IM for Chat, I was in "Center" for my website design. I am a little bit concerned as to the Use of Center setup. For instance, on a 4 year old laptop (not widescreen) set to resolution of 1024 x 768 all you can see is the main window of the website, none of the side panels on either side. Older folks and older PCs that are not widescreen, it is pretty common to select a lower resolution. Hence, set to Center, some classmates will never see the IM main screen (I could not, still after this fix). Leaving at center I started to see side panels at about 1280 x 800 but NOT much. By the time I got to 1280 x 1024, I could see essentially an inch and half on either side. That resolution would work if reset site to LEFT.

I believe that using CENTER the classmate may need to have set at a high resolution of 1280 1024 or better! Also, I don't have an IPAD tablet to test, but would be concerned about full visibility.

Consequently, I switched back to LEFT, and works fine.

Edited 01/30/13 3:05 PM
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM - Response #6

Suggest the ZOOM commands. They work in pretty much all browsers on desktop and laptop machines. CTRL - (minus) and CTRL + (plus). They zoom the webpage being viewed easily and instantly without the hassle of resetting the resolution for the entire machine. On iPad, pinch to zoom.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.