ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Automatic Birthday Wishes

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/23/14 12:56 AM Views: 755 Replies: 6
Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Perhaps this has been addressed and if so, please lead me to the linked thread.

Is there an Automatic Birthday Wish e-mail that can be generated?

Thank you in advance!

"Class Creator, the Cutting Edge!"

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM - Response #1

Carrot, There are several threads where people have requested and discussed an automated birthday wish function. Some responses were all for it, some thought a 'canned' message was too impersonal. Use the Search box at the top to search for "Birthday Wish".

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM - Response #2

TY JR!

Thanks for the info.
I know it has been brought up in the past.
(I'm now editing, because I brought it up again last year
...go figure) 4/12/13 and Kyle Erickson responded that it was put on hold as being too impersonal. This makes me reflect on the computer generated messages 'It's been 6 months please update your info etc.')
Alums are truly appreciative to have been remembered.
Certainly, a programmed message with the Alums first name can be worked up? Don't you think?

Otherwise it is far and few between coresponding with anyone except during the onset of a 5 or 10 year reunion.

IMHO a canned message that you can personalize like a 'Welcome to the Site' or 'It's been 6 months, please update your info' is nice, but

We have over 650 in our class and only one carrot taker...me

The responses you get from your closer alums, friends etc. or others truly indicate that at our age...they are very appreciative to not only have a 'B' day wish sent their way but to be remembered at all...
So, for those that you cannot get to or did not associate with, it is more conducive to have a generated wish sent to them that you can somewhat personalize in general.

A 'B' day message constitutes a warm, heart felt message or rememberance, which is just one small tool to keep them involved in the Classcreator site.
With all the competition and FB etc. it is harder and harder to keep alums coming back to visit, take polls or just in general...participate.

Anyway, thanks for the lead and I'll look at those threads that come up.

IdeaAnd for the CC team...food for thought, again.Idea
At our age attrition is a big factor.

"ClassCreator...the Cutting Edge!"

Edited 03/27/14 1:45 PM
Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 4:51 PM - Response #3

As I recall, the response last time was pretty much split evenly between those who loved the idea and those who felt a 'canned' message was too impersonal. I was one who loved the idea, and felt confident that we could create a changing and personal greeting to remind people that we're here and we do care that it's their birthday.

CC listens when people get behind an idea. Let's get behind this one.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 5:58 PM - Response #4

Seems natural to make this a personal choice. Don't like it, don't use. I think before that I mentioned getting canned messages from my Dentist and for my pets too Idea

Having a system to make this easier (just like the other optional reminders) is a natural here. All the pieces are there to easily accomplish this.

Maybe this creates a problem with 'delivery' aspects. If that's the case, a tickler system Question Use your own email system perhaps.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM - Response #5

I thought about the drawbacks about 2 milliseconds after I'd clicked the 'Save' button. In the new mail environment, the system can't automatically send email to non-joined (even though they had an email address and birthday entered), or those who were in 'bounce' or 'pending opt-in' status.

But with a very small amount of additional programming, those emails could be constructed normally and sent to the admin for forwarding. And that just might be the trigger needed to get those folks to join or get them back to the site.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM - Response #6

Yes, CC team!
If it is canned message that we can tweak periodically, this would be the one message to create a sense of well being.
What else is more important every year to everyone besides holidays and anniversaries?Shocked

Keep the customer coming back, you might say. The more they come back and frequent the site, the more likelihood of them referring the CC site to others...
Goodwill!
Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.