ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Survey - notify classmates option

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/09/12 03:50 PM Views: 1307 Replies: 8
Monday, July 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I added a new survey on TAP "Chat Topics". I had not used the "Notify classmates that this page has been updated" and decided this was a good time. Now that the survey is live, how can I tell the classmates "Admins" were notified? There is not an outgoing message in the Message Center.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM - Response #1

That notification will likely go out late tonight as part of the daily notification combo which is part of the email-reducing feature of the new Notify Me system.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Eric. Will a copy be in our Sent messages once it goes out? Or is it invisible? Cool

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM - Response #3

Notifications do not show up in sent messages.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM - Response #4

Okay, I wondered how they are received. I need to read how they are sent. Where is that found?

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 5:55 PM - Response #5

The system sends notifications either nightly when the script runs or immediately, depending on the Notify Me preferences of the site member. The messages are sent directly to the email address of the site member, not to the Message Center.

Take a look at the Notify Me link under Member Functions.

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 6:52 PM - Response #6

My apologies, Eric. I should have read that again. So as a member of the site, I will receive a copy of the email notification. User error... read, Gwen. Read. And Kyle thought I'd be an expert on Notify Me. Ha! Cool

Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM - Response #7

I used the "Survey Maker" for a page (not a survey). I'm wondering about the notification - are classmates notified that a "new page has been updated" or that a "survey has been added/updated?" Since it's not a survey, I hope the notification doesn't mention survey. Just wondering before I check the notification box.

Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM - Response #8

The NOTIFY checkbox only will send out an e-mail to those classmates who have signed up to receive e-mail notifications when a website page changes. Only those classmates who have gone to "Notify Me" and checked that they want to be notified.

I will check, but I believe the two NOTIFY ME options you are referring to are these:

"Pages on the site have been added or updated"
"A survey receives new responses"

Since it isn't a survey and there will be no responses because you don't have any questions, the "A survey receives new responses" notification shouldn't go out.

The notification will say that the "SongsTube" page has been updated. It won't mention it is a survey.

If you want ALL CLASSMATES to know about the page, you would want to use EMAIL THE CLASS.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.