ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photos on web site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/08/08 10:14 PM Views: 1475 Replies: 8
Monday, September 8, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Brad,

What has happened to the photographs on our website? They are all gone. They were there earlier today but are not all gone. Please tell me that I don't have to reload all of these photographs.

Pam Murray
Lee Class of 1968

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM - Response #1

I'm seeing all of your photos just fine. So ya got me! Try hitting reload on your browser while on your photos page?

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:33 PM - Response #2

Hi Pam,
I just looked at your site and you have many pictures there. I think I probably was seeing them all. Your 40 year Reunion pictures are great! Looks like you guys had a great time. The slide shows are also showing up. Maybe it was just a glitch of some kind.
Anita

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM - Response #3

I am soooo happy. It must have been a glitch in my computer. Thanks for responding. Thank you, Anita, for your compliment. It has been quite a bit of work but so worth it. There is still much I would like to do as time allows.

Edited 09/09/08 6:06 PM
Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 12:16 PM - Response #4

I'm trying to load our senior class pictures one page at a time in a comtomized link..I've waited for over 45 mintues on the first page, using the image button, finally, gave up... Is there another way?
Thank you

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 12:34 PM - Response #5

My guess here is you've scanned in these photos and then saved them at a gigantic size. Happens all the time. We've had people attempt to upload images over 1 gagabyte! Today's digital scans can be huge.

Our system is going to take your large image and only resize it down to a far smaller JPG anyway. It sounds like your images are so big that either our system is timing out, or yours is. Regardless, the solution is to resize your images down to 1,000 pixels wide before uploading. You can do this in your digital camera software, or Adobe Photoshop, or any other image editor. If you need one, a great free one is at www.irfanview.com.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 1:15 PM - Response #6

Thank you, Brad. That worked great... I'm amazed at your quick responses..

Now--how do I put 11 pages of class pictures in one customized link ? I have downloaded the first page.. Where will the second page, third page and so forth go?

Also, I bought 2 yrs. of domain name this morning.. Which will be ready tomorrow, I think...Does it automatically transfer to here?

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 1:21 PM - Response #7

Never mind about the class picture page.. I should try it before asking the question.. sorry

But, would like to know about the domain name. Thanks

Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 1:58 PM - Response #8

You're kind of "on your own" with formatting photos on your site until our new photo gallery feature is done.

Regarding your domain, it should autoamtically transfer and work -- just make sure after it fully transfers that you click on "Register Domain" on your web's site's left hand links, and plug your domain name into the little white box at the bottom. If after doing that your domain isn't working just let me know and I'll sort it out.

Edited 09/14/08 2:06 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.