ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunions, Programs and Space Oh My!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/22/09 08:51 PM Views: 1473 Replies: 8
Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I've looked all over for a free agenda page that works on MAC that you can trust and has maps. I'm working on a power point program after all my searching. But, I keep thinking in the back of my mind that one of the advisers on here told me that Mac products didn't transfer well on this site does that go for Office Power Point for Mac as well? Will that be true when all the renovations are done?

Can someone tell me if Power Point is not going to work? Before I continue working in something I can't launch.

Also, related to size, (which I believe is why she said that about Mac.) (They get too wordy like their owners!)

I've found they I need to pay attention to the width, but, is there a limit on how much space we have as far as length?

I have moved a you tube into a category of a page I think will go into the reunion because it seems to push it out of control too.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM - Response #1

"Powerpoint, both for PC and Mac, can export Powerpoint presentations to web ready formats. For instance you can export Powerpoint slideshows to video, and then upload the video to Youtube. From there you can easily embed the Youtube video on your web site. The best part is that at a cost of free, the price is right."

Brad, you just answered this on the other post where I asked the question and it was mixed with another top so I moved it here.

I can see what your saying, but, what about the links to the maps? How does that work in that process?

Thank you!

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 9:09 PM - Response #2

Although, I think I can do as you suggested and probably will, is there an easier way to have the same results as you mentioned. A free program that has that power that will work?

I found something in a search but, I didn't want to download it because I think its a power point clone.

Also, taking a risk of having the same result as Power Point.

Thanks again!
N

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 2:59 AM - Response #3

Unfortunately I don't have the answers to some of your questions regarding PowerPoint. There are numerous third party programs that convert PowerPoint to other formats besides video, such as Flash. Whether or not those programs preserve embedded links, etc., you'd have to read the specs for those programs and see. If they do, then you could convert your presentation to the Flash (swf) format and upload it to your File Vault. No, there is no limitation in height.

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:16 AM - Response #4

File Vault ???

I have a File Vault???

How'd I miss that?

Where is it? How do I access it? Where do I go to read more about it?

While I am here ... Can you add pages or do we just get a certain amt.?

Thank you for putting up with me these last 2 weeks before the Reunion week end. We all are getting a little testy around here.

The main thing I want to work on after post reunion is the forums and convincing people that they can start one on any topic and have control of that topic.

That way it gives them a chance to have a page the way they want it on their page and short of being lewd and vicious, I won't worry about them. Being on a page that makes people think that we are endorsing everything people come up with but that they have their opinion too

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM - Response #5

To get to your Image File Vault

1) Edit any page
2) Click the yellow image icon
3) Click the File Vault button

To get to your File Vault for anything other than images:

1) Edit any page
2) Click the chain link icon
3) Click the File Vault tab

Unllimited custom pages are coming, currently there are 8.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 9:47 PM - Response #6

Do we have unlimited custom pages now? I have been searching for information/tutorial on adding custom pages and have not found it. I am hoping to add pages that I can upload news articles about the school or old school papers, scrapbook pages, etc. Is there a tutorial for this?

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 9:53 PM - Response #7

Custom pages are unlimited in number. You may find a tutorial on them by clicking on https://www.classcreator.com/videos.cfm and then scrolling down and clicking on "Introduction to the Edit Site Pages and Navigation System Management Tools."

Edited 05/24/22 9:54 PM
Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 10:50 PM - Response #8

LaVerne, your site already has custom pages added. Are you a new admin?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.