ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Zoomed photos fuzzy

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/13/19 09:39 PM Views: 552 Replies: 2
Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 9:39 PM

I did a new "share your thoughts with classmates" post this afternoon, and included a couple of photos. Now, in looking at my post, if you click on either of the photos it zooms to full screen (good) but the photo seems somewhat lower resolution than the photo I uploaded. Is there a different / better way to upload photos so that you can see some good detail when you click on the photo?

Friday, June 14, 2019 at 8:44 PM - Response #1

If a photo is more than 1000 x 1000 pixels our system will need to resize it. I'm not sure the size of your original image so I can't tell if that is what happened in this case.

Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM - Response #2

Class Creator software does compress many photos - to conserve space in your 'File Vault". There really are two "File Vaults", one that's really an "Image Vault" which we normally access to upload photos using the Image button in the editor, and only allows uploads of photos/images. While saving space, the automatic compression also has a few drawbacks, such as lower resolution in compressed photos, or destroying the animation in an animated .gif file.

Sometimes, you can reduce the size of a photo without changing the resolution and get past the automatic compression on upload. BUT... there is also another 'real' "File Vault" which can be accessed using the Link button (middle row, third from the right) in the editor.

The real "File Vault" is not limited as far as what file types you can upload there, and does not try to compress any files. Sooo... you can upload your photo to the real file vault, and reference it from there on your page. Since it won't be compressed, it should display in full screen mode with the same resolution as you originally see it.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.