ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

No obituary found

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/29/21 10:36 AM Views: 3710 Replies: 3
Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 10:36 AM

I was recently advised by a classmate of the death of another class member. Strangely no obituary can be found other than the basic death information from the funeral home. I was forwarded a brief notice by the deceased's synagogue. In the past we had problems listing a death (In Memory) without an obituary. Is that still true?

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 1:00 PM - Response #1

Hi David,

You should be able to add them to In Memory without further detail. Some admins want the rose icon to appear on all In Memory entries. In order for that to appear you simply need to add anything to the In Memory details section either a link to the funeral home site (even if there isn't much detail there) or by adding something to the editor section of their In Memory details page.

You can add to In Memory under Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > In Memory > Edit Page and there is a section to add new entries between the editor at the top of the page and the list of existing In Memory entries at the bottom of the page. Simply search or find their name in the dropdown and then add them to In Memory. Their details page will come up when you add their name and you can add any details you do have. You can edit it later if more details become available.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 8:40 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Jessica

David Flynn

Monday, January 3, 2022 at 4:41 PM - Response #3

God bless you, David for administering your site! Yours is the first class I've seen from the 1940s. I see on your home page you have the oldest single-class site on Class Creator. Congratulations! You're an inspiration to the rest of us.

Edited 01/03/22 9:36 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.