ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

File Transfer to Multi-class Website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/05/16 07:59 AM Views: 750 Replies: 5
Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 7:59 AM

What is the easiest way to transfer the files from my existing Class of 64 website to our new "all classes" website? Note that in 1 month the subscription to the Class of 64 website lapses. Can I still use the links to the 64 website on the new "all classes" website? Or do I have to download all Class of 64 files and then upload them to the "all classes" website?

Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM - Response #1

Bob Bratzler wrote:

What is the easiest way to transfer the files from my existing Class of 64 website to our new "all classes" website?

Currently you can only download images one.......at......a.....time......Sad

Bob, Read my post concerning File Vault accessibility: File Vault

Idea Don't know why ClassCreator has never been made this function available to Admins, since it is a real time saver (and we all like to save time).

Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 1:18 PM - Response #2

You can still use the links to the 64 website, so long as you did not add http://www.okemos64.org/ to the reference. IOW, it just has CC reference.

For example this will work

Bob Bratzler wrote:

Can I still use the links to the 64 website on the new "all classes" website?

Edited 06/05/16 1:19 PM
Monday, June 6, 2016 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

You can DOWNLOAD multiple images at the same time. (Download means from the website to your local computer).

Use the Manage Classmates, scroll down to the bottom section for this
DOWNLOAD PHOTOS

This is where you would download the CLASSMATE photos to your local computer. There is also a link to how to download the photo galleries to your local computer.

With the new File Vault, you can select all of the images you want to copy, then right-click on the images, click DOWNLOAD and it will allow you to save those images to your local computer.

Then on the new website, you would go to your File Vault, open up a File Explorer window to where those files are located on your computer and drag/drop (multiple files if desired at the same time) from the File Explorer window into the File Vault window and the images will be uploaded.

Monday, June 6, 2016 at 2:18 PM - Response #4

I thought that would work too, unfortunately, there's a BUG? or it's deliberately set to ignore multiple selections. Although it would be very simple to do (since the open dialog is set to allow multiple selections). Parse is identical to upload code.

Try it, still only downloads ONE file at a time and it's not the file selected, but the one that is hovered over (and that is a BUG).

Kyle Erickson wrote:

With the new File Vault, you can select all of the images you want to copy, then right-click on the images, click DOWNLOAD and it will allow you to save those images to your local computer.

Monday, June 6, 2016 at 3:30 PM - Response #5

Jack,

You are right. I didn't test it completely and it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, we do not have the source code to CKFinder, so we cannot make any changes. I viewed online and the package required is called "Zip Plugin", which would allow downloading selected files to a .zip file. That "Zip Plugin" is not available for the Cold Fusion (operating system of ClassCreator), so it cannot be implemented. Zip plugin is only available in the PHP version.

Sorry.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.