ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deleted pictures in file vault reappeared

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/14/13 10:53 PM Views: 702 Replies: 2
Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM

The file vault for my site had filled up.

I had four pages with pictures that I had created before picture galleries came online. I had made those pages inactive and then created galleries from the pictures. Recently I deleted the four pages and then went into the file vault and deleted all of the image files associated with the four pages. After that I had the size of the vault storage below the threshold not far below but below.

After the maintenance this weekend all of the image files I deleted are back in the file vault and I am back over the storage threshold limit.

I can certainly delete the images again but would like to know what might have caused the images to come back.

Puts one in mind of the "CAT" in that song and I would like to know why they came back.

Any reply will be appreciated.

Charlie/Baldwin High 1968

Monday, October 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM - Response #1

CC realized that when they migrated the data they "missed" some new uploads. So they went back and scanned the "old" database and copied them over to the new one if they did not exist.

In your case, you deleted them, but the old database still had them, so they thought they were missed in the migration.

This is a one-time event. Not to worryCool. I had the same thing. I deleted and put in a new image and only the deleted showed up.

And if I'm wrong - somebody from CC can correct my interpretation.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 1:03 AM - Response #2

No I think you're mostly right... On the backend this process Jack's referring to was called the "U drive transfer". It's late and I'll get answers tomorrow if there's any way to "unfix" this for anybody else having this issue. If there's not a fix for this the worst that can happen as Jack stated is you'd need to delete any non needed files. Sorry about that -- clearly this wasn't something we were expecting. Whatever we can do regarding this we'll be doing shortly.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.