ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Threaded Forum Access?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/11/09 11:04 AM Views: 1560 Replies: 7
Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I have had several occasions where a new member has completed their contact/profile info and then immediately accessed and posted on the threaded forums. Yet, they cannot get to other password protected areas of the site until I verify them. How can they past before I verify them? I have password protection on the forums. Though he has a password as soon as he completes his profile, how can he access these places until I verify? What would be to prevent anyone from just signing up with a password and then posting or accessign any areas they want?

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 3:14 PM - Response #1

One moment while we investigate this later today.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 10:03 PM - Response #2

Sure enough. I have turned this issue over to programming for Monday to determine what is allowing this and will get back to you here.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 10:37 PM - Response #3

Any word yet on this? It is still happening. I still have my forum set that I need to approve posts before they go public to prevent any problems. But people are still being able to post before I have verified them as members. Thanks.

Sunday, March 7, 2010 at 10:24 AM - Response #4

I am pretty certain I still see this happening. People are posting in my forums immediately after signing up but before I have verified them.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 2:51 PM - Response #5

So I'm 100% clear, are you talking about the Message Forums or the User Forums?

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM - Response #6

You were talking about the User Forums. This is now resolved.

Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 6:27 PM - Response #7

Thanks. Sorry I hadn't responded to your first request. Somehow I missed the e-mail.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.