ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Link to larger image

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/05/17 03:51 PM Views: 769 Replies: 2
Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM

I can't find the thread from which I copied these directions (by Scott Mastenbrook, I'm fairly certain).

"You would need to upload the image to the File vault that is located in the Insert Link button area. 1. Upload to full size image to the file vault that is located by going to the Insert Link button in the tool bar (2nd row, 3rd from the right). Once uploaded, you will be able to create a link to that image to open the full resolution image.
2. Add the image again to the page you wish to add it to in the same manner that you would typically add an image. This will resize the image automatically to the allotted size.
2. Click the image on the screen and click the Insert Link button again. Now go to the File Vault to select the image you are linking to and click Open / Ok. That should add the link to your image. Now save the page and test the link from the page."

They seem straight forward but I do not end up with the larger image after clicking on the first image. I do see the larger image after uploading it, however.
Also, I am not getting the normal view of the vault when I start the process, either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 11:08 PM - Response #1

That sounds like it should work. But... are you getting our of admin mode and going to the page to test?

If it still doesn't work, change the name of the file uploaded to the file vault slightly (and update the link name on your image to match). It may be that your browser thinks it already has that file name in cache when you try to link to the full sized version.

If that doesn't work, it may be trying to fit the linked image in the configured space for the original image. Click the image again, click the link icon again, and at the top left click the Target Tab and choose "New Window" and "OK". That will open a new window (or tab) containing the full sized image when you click.

Edited 09/05/17 11:12 PM
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 3:45 PM - Response #2

Thank you so much. The second option worked. Again, many thanks.
Mary MacKenzie

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.