ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deleted a "site page" Big Mistake!

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/21/11 12:18 PM Views: 1673 Replies: 18
Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I suppose I am out of luck but was hoping some type of restore would be possible. I deleted my 50th Reunion "site" page. Tons of work.......gone???? Thought I was deleting reunion question from classmates profiles.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 1:20 PM - Response #1

Beverly,

Not exactly sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about a custom page you were working on? It doesn't look like you have done anything in the Reunion Planner.

Is this the correct website you are talking about?
http://www.classcreator.com/Huntington-Beach-CA-1959/

Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM - Response #2

Thanks for responding. It was a menu item on the left side. It was titled: 50th Reunion. I guess I went into "Edit Site Pages" and deleted it. I had just put so much work into it and was so mad I deleted it. My bad....LOL.

Yes, you have the correct site.

Bev

Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM - Response #3

Sorry, I cannot find the page you seem to have deleted. Was it one of your CUSTOM PAGES? Was it a SURVEY PAGE? Or was it your Reunion Planner?

Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 8:19 PM - Response #4

I know it was a couple of days ago that it was deleted and I didn't notice it until today. I went into "Edit Site Pages" and deleted it by mistake. It was called "50th Reunion". It was video, pictures, etc. from our 50th Reunion. I was trying to remove the question "will you be attending the reunion" and I was obviously in the wrong place. Thanks for listening.

Bev

Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM - Response #5

Here's an idea that might help:

If you look into the Edit Site Pages portion of your site, there is usually a listing of backups you have created each time you have edited you site and pages, by the date the system saved it. Perhaps if you look at this listing, you'll find a date you recognize. Then you may be able to restore your accidentally deleted items by pressing / clicking on the backup you feel is nearest to the date and time just before when you erased you hard work. Hope this helps.

Edited 08/21/11 11:14 PM
Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 11:43 PM - Response #6

Thanks. I'll check into that.

Bev

Monday, August 22, 2011 at 10:21 AM - Response #7

The PAGE BACKUP feature isn't available to grandfathered websites.

Monday, August 22, 2011 at 12:17 PM - Response #8

Just trying to help.

Monday, August 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM - Response #9

No problem. You probably couldn't tell that they were a grandfathered site.

Monday, August 22, 2011 at 12:40 PM - Response #10

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like I will be busy.

The support here is wonderful.

Bev

Monday, August 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM - Response #11

Kyle Erickson wrote:

No problem. You probably couldn't tell that they were a grandfathered site.

Yes. I could tell, based on what I have learned about Class Creator.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM - Response #12

Another question. After I seemingly deleted the page name (50th Reunion) by mistake, I don't seem to have another opening for a page name to replace this one. I have not added any new ones since this deletion.

Bev

Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 6:36 PM - Response #13

Was it a SURVEY PAGE? You can have unlimited survey pages. See the Survey Creator. Was it a GALLERY CREATOR? you can use the Gallery pages as spare pages.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM - Response #14

At "Edit Site Page", I assumed I deleted a page my mistake...but, I no longer have a Customizable Link to use. What happened to the one I deleted. Shouldn't it show another Customizable Line?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM - Response #15

Hi Bev,

You have used your 8 customizable links, so you need to create a new page, which you can do using the Survey Maker or the Gallery Creator. Using either of those features, you can create a new page with whatever content you wish, and if you don't want to add a survey to the page just don't create any survey questions, or if you don't want to add a photo gallery to the page, just don't create any galleries on that page.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 1:09 PM - Response #16

Thank you for the reply.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM - Response #17

Here is some detailed information on using Survey Maker and/or Gallery Creator for content pages:

Breaking the limits on Custom Pages...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM - Response #18

John, page is protected. And I realized why you said what you did about creating a link on the left in the other post. Gallery creator creates links on the left, but only for each new Gallery. Most of our links are all Gallery links with a menu link on the left side.

I think you are looking at the sub-galleries within a gallery. Those do not make links. However, each new gallery does create a link - if you make it active. The very first main gallery item has to be left BLANK though for extra pages.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.