ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help! Hyperlinks

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/18/10 01:46 PM Views: 1605 Replies: 4
Monday, January 18, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Help!! I am showing hyperlinks on lines where there shouldn't be on my Reunion Page. I looked in the source code and can't figure out what code I deleted to make them appear.Embarassed
The new text I have just added recently..doesn't have it.
I would like those dreaded blue lines gone!!!
Can someone help me???QuestionQuestionRolling Eyes

Monday, January 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM - Response #1

I don't see any hyperlinks on your reunion page. My best guess is you got one of those nasty little programs that underlines various words or phrases on the page and turns them into links. What do you get when you click on those links?

Toolbars you've installed, viruses, spyware, etc. can all cause this. Try scanning your computer online with PC Pitstop and see if you're infected.

Edited 01/18/10 2:15 PM
Monday, January 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM - Response #2

I ran into the same problem and was able to find the culprit and remove it using "Add or Remove Programs" in my Control Panel. Every highlighted word took me to an advertisement for this web site. Got it from a game site I was considering adding to my site. Those twisted evil internet people.Twisted EvilEvil or Very Mad

Monday, January 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM - Response #3

Thanx Brad,
No viruses, malware, my puter is clean. I think it's from the Countdown clock...It happened to me on the home page when I was messing with the code. Everything after the weather was turning into a hyperlink that goes nowhere. I fixed it..I just wish I could remember what the heck I did. I tried deleting some code..but then my Reunion page got all screwed up. I figured I will just leave it alone. It just annoys me to no end. I'm just do dang fussy with my pages.ShockedConfused

Our tickets sales are up and running, so I don't want to screw around with the page anymore, except to edit typonese (typos) and add more info.
Thanx again,
Brad

YOU ROCK!!! Wink

Oh..BTW...I found out how come I was getting the javascripty thingy's next to my smileys. I was clicking and dropping them into the email....DUHHHH!!! Having a Blonde moment...and Yes!!! I am truly a Blonde..but Greying!!!Laughing

Monday, January 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM - Response #4

Thanx for the other possibility..I will check that out!Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.