ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/08/08 11:59 AM Views: 1218 Replies: 9
Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:59 AM

OK Brad, Now what????? I went into edit home page because of the wrapping (or whatever) and started at the top of page to do separate things at a time. Hit save button, went to look at home page and nothing was there. The log-in box is even gone. I went back to hit undo and nothing. God, do I have to redo the whole thing????? Tears are now flowing...Help!

Patsy

Edited 09/08/08 2:48 PM
Monday, September 8, 2008 at 1:36 PM - Response #1

See Next Email

Edited 09/08/08 1:45 PM
Monday, September 8, 2008 at 1:40 PM - Response #2

Take a deep breath Patti and let it out slow...it is all going to be alright. Your page is still there, you have just blown it out. Something you put on there is probably very large. I am not sure exactly what you have done, but Brad can help you get it back together. It is not as bad as it looks.

Anyway Brad I would help her if I could, but I am not quite sure what is causing her problem. I thought she needed some immediate reassurance though that everything was going to be OK...thus my email.
Anita

Sorry I was logged in with the wrong web site address with the 1st email so I resent this with my Woodland Site.

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 2:32 PM - Response #3

Breathe in, breathe out (thank you Anita!), it's ok, I fixed the problem for you. Smile

Now, you need to understand how to fix it yourself the next time. So first, an explanation of what happened to your page can be found here.

Specifically, your "Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it" graphic was too large for the space you tried to put it into. I made that graphic just a hair less wide and your entire page snapped back together in Firefox. Sometimes just one little thing like this can cause a whole lotta trouble. If you understand WHY it happened though, next time you see this you'll just go "oh, that thingamagig that I just added to my site must not have fit." And then you'll go in and resize said thingamagig and voila, you'll be solving these problems on your own.

Edited 09/08/08 2:46 PM
Monday, September 8, 2008 at 4:21 PM - Response #4

To Anita & Brad-----I cannot thank you enough for all your concern and help!!! I am back up and running and the tears are all gone. Thank you--Thank you--Thank you!!! This entire experience has boggled my mind. Just stepping out of my comfort zone was surprizing for me. If it weren't for all the help from this wonderful ClassCreator site I would have given up along time ago. At least I will be more experienced when I do a web site for MY class!!! This is my husbands reunion site!!!
My deepest appreciation,
Patsy

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 6:14 PM - Response #5

Your "In Our Thoughts" video is terrific. Nice.

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 8:50 PM - Response #6

You're right. The video was great and the music fits so nicely.

Question--I was able to go to the site and even get someones page. Is that because I am the administrator of my page or what?

Also--can I "borrow" people ideas from their sites? Should I ask permission?

K

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 9:21 PM - Response #7

You can borrow ideas from my site. I would be flattered. I have seen someone get upset about it on a forum here so, maybe be careful what you borrow. Remember that borrowing implies returning. You might as well just take it, that way you don't have to give it back. You do sometimes get ideas from seeing other sites that inspire you. Good luck with your site. Tam

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 9:32 PM - Response #8

Yes, always ask the author before using content.

If you are getting to a Classmate's Profile, that Classmate has simply chosen to leave his or her Profile public.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 3:58 AM - Response #9

I would be flattered if you borrowed anything from my site. I did get alot of ideas from lots of different places. Reunion.com has some good ideas.
Patsy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.