ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Search engines

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/20/08 05:24 PM Views: 1394 Replies: 9
Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Ok I bought my domain name! So how do you get it to the search engines such as google or yahoo?

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM - Response #1

Do nothing. Class Creator was set up for that to happen all by itself. Although if you want to speed up the process manually, do this:

1) Read our FAQs at www.classcreator.com/faqs.html
2) Click on Questions About Maintaining And Promoting Your Site
3) Read Question #4

Edited 09/24/08 4:29 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 3:31 AM - Response #2

One of the main reasons we bought the domain name is so it will show up on the search engine. How long does this take? I registered with google, yahoo, and msn. They say there is no promise it will be accepted. Please ease my mind. I think others are telling people about this site, but they are showing up listed as NEW Members on all the sites the search engines pull up, not on class creator. I can't even contact these people due to having to pay for all of them just to send them an email. This site is such a blessing. I just hope we are going to soon see our site listed on the search engines. Our site doesn't show up at all on any search engine yet. Please Help!

Edited 09/24/08 3:32 AM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 3:44 AM - Response #3

Oh you'll come up -- no worries. Class Creator sitse were designed to get into and rank well in search engines.

It can take time to get in, and also, search engine will give you better placement as your site becomes more robust. As your site grows and your Classmates come on board, you'll place higher and higher.

One thing to remember, if and where you place in a a search engine depends on what you're searching for. You're not going to get top billing under every term you desire. The more sepcific your search, the higher you're likely to find your site. For instance, right now if you search Google for this term:

Auburndale Senior High School class of 1990

You are coming up in the 2nd position. If you cut off the "class of 1990" part of the search above though, then you are going to show up way down the list, because your site is brand new and not developed out yet.

Bottom line: Focus on making a great web site, and your search engine positions will take care of themselves.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:02 AM - Response #4

Hey, you are right! I was typing in Auburndale Class of 1990 and not putting the "Senior" in there. My husbands class is Auburndale1988.com and they are listed first, if you type almost anything in the search engine. I was expecting ours to come up the same as theirs. Their site is newer, but a few weeks older than ours. Thank you for responding so fast! This site is a truly amazing set up and an answer to prayers!
Thanks!
Stephanie

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 12:24 PM - Response #5

Do you know why the search engines shows our web address as www.classcreator.com/Auburndale-FL-Auburndale-Senior-1990/index.cfm - 68k -

My husbands class creator website shows the domain they paid for. We would like for ours to show us as the domain we paid for too.('Wink');

Thank you for your time ('Very Happy');

Stephanie

Edited 09/24/08 12:24 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 12:52 PM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

Do nothing. Class Creator was set up for that to happen all by itself. Although if you want to speed up the process manually, do this:

1) Read our FAQs at www.classcreator.com/faqs.html

This link is bad. I think it needs http:// in front of it.
Like this
www.classcreator.com/faqs.html

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:29 PM - Response #7

Thanks. Fixed. Smile

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM - Response #8

Stephanie Smith wrote:

Do you know why the search engines shows our web address as www.classcreator.com/Auburndale-FL-Auburndale-Senior-1990/index.cfm - 68k -

My husbands class creator website shows the domain they paid for. We would like for ours to show us as the domain we paid for too.('Wink');

Thank you for your time ('Very Happy');

Stephanie

Because I suspect you first built your site under the longer Class Creator sub directory name. Then Google picked up your site. Then you purchased a domain name. It shouldn't take too long for Google to drop your sub directory listing and only list your domain name.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 7:00 PM - Response #9

Thank you for responding to my question ;0)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.