ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ATTENDING REUNION # OF PEOPLE

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/22/09 08:21 AM Views: 3022 Replies: 24
Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Classmates are hitting the yes button on attending the reunion, but the actual count doesn't include their spouse or guest. Is anyone else having this problem. How do we fix so the site actually shows the actual number of people attending?

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 12:45 PM - Response #1

The Classmate Profiles page was only set up to show which actual Classmates are attending the reunion, as you've pointed out. We have a variety of new reunion reporting tools in the works launching shortly, but those are only Admin reports to help you, and wouldn't be visibile by your Classmates.

Let me ask you something: If you want to show the total number of people attending the reunion, including the number of spouses and guests, where would you want to show this? Would it be right on the Classmate Profiles page in the key like it is now? My concern there would be a larger number listed than the number of Classmates coming could be confusing to the viewer. Would you rather have some sort of home page module, like a new right module, that shows the total number of Classmates, Spouses, and Guests attending the reunion? It could be a pie chart showing all 3 maybe? If so would you also want to show this same chart on the Classmate Profiles page? Just brainstorming, help me out with exactly what you'd like to see here and how you envision it working.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 12:56 PM - Response #2

Like the pie chart. And pretty easy with ColdFusion.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 12:58 PM - Response #3

Some ask the question of number attending on the preference page , a good idea, but ours is a year out and i am using it as a rough "guesstimate" at this time. Many filled out their profile before the reunion page was activated, so their intents aren't noted. It does provide an incentive for others to update and gives some a reason to make plans. i love your ideas though! We are opening our reunion up to friends,teachers, etc, so will be thinking "guests" rather than "spouses" to count in addition to classmates.
Thanks for always being proactive and coming up with incredible solutions! U R D Best!
p.s. Thanks also for helping me prove the naysayers wrong! i was told that it will be impossible to plan our reunion this way! i love it when they tell me that...i do believe in impossibilities! With your help (and other generous admins)and some Divine Intervention we are going to have Fun in spite of the doubters!
Thanks for All your help!!

Edited 08/22/09 1:01 PM
Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 1:12 PM - Response #4

I like the idea of the pie chart with different slices on the Home Page. If it was in color it would be more impressive.

We are having a 5 class year reunion in October. Our response is good and we are planning for 150 individuals. I created a Reunion Registration form in which I ask how many people are attending with the graduate and their respective names for our planning purposes. The alumni have been very responsive to the form. From this form, I am able to count the number of people who will be attending. Some individuals are bringing their adult children to the reunion. Yikes it has been 40 years!

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 1:30 PM - Response #5

Kris Thrailkill wrote:

Some ask the question of number attending on the preference page , a good idea, but ours is a year out and i am using it as a rough "guesstimate" at this time. Many filled out their profile before the reunion page was activated, so their intents aren't noted. It does provide an incentive for others to update and gives some a reason to make plans. i love your ideas though! We are opening our reunion up to friends,teachers, etc, so will be thinking "guests" rather than "spouses" to count in addition to classmates.
Thanks for always being proactive and coming up with incredible solutions! U R D Best!
p.s. Thanks also for helping me prove the naysayers wrong! i was told that it will be impossible to plan our reunion this way! i love it when they tell me that...i do believe in impossibilities! With your help (and other generous admins)and some Divine Intervention we are going to have Fun in spite of the doubters!
Thanks for All your help!!

Well that's certainly good. Smile There's all kinds of things you can do with Class Creator, but the heart and sole of things here are reunions. Thus I'm glad ya proved 'em wrong, else our staff here would be in a peck of trouble if they were right. Smile

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 1:31 PM - Response #6

George Ybarra wrote:

I like the idea of the pie chart with different slices on the Home Page. If it was in color it would be more impressive.

We are having a 5 class year reunion in October. Our response is good and we are planning for 150 individuals. I created a Reunion Registration form in which I ask how many people are attending with the graduate and their respective names for our planning purposes. The alumni have been very responsive to the form. From this form, I am able to count the number of people who will be attending. Some individuals are bringing their adult children to the reunion. Yikes it has been 40 years!

Who else wants a color home page pie chart? Other suggestions?

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 1:39 PM - Response #7

Our reunion registration also included a place for numbers and names of guests. I put the number on our homepage and update every time someone registers. For snail mail registrants, I update the "yes" at their profile paage and change the home page number accordingly.

Regarding those naysayers: Our reunion is Oct 2-3. We have found that of our 170 who will be attending, only about 10 have registered by snail mail. Every time the committee comes up with something they need to do to prepare for the event, ClassCreator is the answer. Even for snail mail people we can quickly sort them out and have a spreadsheet with their addresses. We're making display boards for our veterans, deceased and scholarship recipinets and pulling all the content from what was created on the website. So, it's also saving work. Not only is it an extremely efficient and fun method, it has broken the ice for our 46-year event. Enthusiasm is far higher than it was other years. There is absolutely no doubt that the overall success will be due to ClassCreator. They are beyond the best!

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 1:49 PM - Response #8

Pie chart is good or a box with a number like I'm using. It doesn't sort out how many are classmembers and how many guests, just a total count. Don't know if I'd need to know how many are guests. We found using the total number is more inspiring.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM - Response #9

A total would be easier anyway, as it occured to me we don't actually have spouses and guests broken down into distinct attendee types. They're all the same thing. So we can show a number, but no cool pie chart. Any other graphical ideas on how we could represent the total number of reunion attendees? A number alone would be pretty boring. If we're going to make this I think we need something that reflects the attendee count in a visually appealing fashion. Ideas anyone?

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 4:11 PM - Response #10

Seems to me that the most effective way to go about this is as follows:
We already collect "# of parties attending and then names of parties attending. This would only give you a total not broken out by any category.
The only place a breakout occurs is when you select what to sell. I break out classmates fee and guest fee, but potentially someone could select many other categories such as photos or books or dinner etc.
Seems like you only need to have a small box on the home page that shows
Classmates attending_______
Guests/Other attending______
(You have collected total coming and classmates coming, so all you would have to do is subtract classmates from total to get guests... for example 100 attending, 62 classmates coming so there has to be 38 guests) No need to show pie chart or anything else fancy....#s would suffice.
Just my opinion. Hope I made it clear enough to decipher.
Curly Harman

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 4:14 PM - Response #11

I can't copy what I have to this, but it's visible on my home page - not password protected. I incorporated the number with the school bus. Below the bus I say "170 are already on the bus".
I used to have the count as part of the .gif of the bus, but then I had to revise and save the .gif each time I changed the number. But with what you'd create, that probably wouldn't be necessary. It said, "Come On Lancers, Get on The Bus, 170 people are already on board", just above the image of the bus.
Of course, you'd likely have something other than the bus, unless it's public domain for your company to use.

Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM - Response #12

This has nothing to do with anything but... Love the El Paso logo!

Smile K

Edited 08/22/09 7:04 PM
Monday, August 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM - Response #13

I'm going to chime in on this one. I really think a pie chargt (in color) is a great idea to show how many classmates, spouses and guest will be attending. Every time I talk to someone from our class they want to know numbers; this way it would be right there on the home page for them to see when they log in. Hopefully it would automatically update as people show they will be attending. Just my opinion - any information we can give is a good idea.

Brenda

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM - Response #14

Maybe have two colors (or the same color for two pie wedges, but two different patterns) for classmates attending reunion, one color/pattern for if they just check the check-box on their profile. Another color/pattern if they have signed up through reunion planner. The goal would just be one color (reunion planner) because then all monies are collected.

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM - Response #15

That would be good if we knew that everyone knew precisely how this worked. We have a hard enough time getting it through to new admins let alone trying to have all the Classmates understand the difference between toggling on your own attending reunion icon and officially registering. This is going to fall into the KISS category for me. A simple chart with the count, or maybe the Classmate count and the Guest count, should suffice. I'm still determing just how to represent the count though so it's visually appealing and not dull.

Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM - Response #16

I think we're going to go with a pie chart that represents the entire class, and we'll show the percentage attending the reunion.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM - Response #17

I think what I would like to see is an excel style spreadsheet with classmates in one column, guests in another, monies owed in one, and monies paid in another. From the spreadsheet style report you could create pie charts or bar charts as to what is going on. If you wanted to get really fancy you could have an item in the left hand column of reports to allow classmates to see who is coming and who has yet to register. By having it all in full view of the rest of the class they can coax each other into coming. I think the blending of information that you get from the talley on the Classmate Profile is missleading. When classmates marked their profile they were coming to the reunion they didn't know when and where the reuion was going to be, I feel more comfortable with folks who have truly registered, and paid, that they were coming.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM - Response #18

I also wished for an excel spreadsheet when it came time for the reunion. We had people paying at the door, and I had to complile that list manually (horrors!)

It would have been nice to have the spreadsheet include the entire weekend events so that we could keep track of the numbers attending, who had paid, etc.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 9:24 PM - Response #19

The beta reunion reports are now live. You will find them in your Reunion Planner for all sites. There is a new link specifically for reports. There are three options:

1. Attendee Summary Report - this report simply shows the name of the classmate who registered and the name of the parties attending.

2. Attendee Default Questions - this includes all questions that are in the system by default (name, address, email, number of parties attending, etc.).

3. Attendee Custom Questions - if you created any custom questions this report will allow you to sort them either by question (with all classmates grouped under the question) or by classmate (with all questions answered by that classmate grouped under their name).

On the Questions reports you can check off which fields/questions you wish to include in the report.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:21 AM - Response #20

Brad,

Take a look at "Whos Coming" on my reunion page. Just another idea. You can see both the folks who said they were coming on their profile and those who have actually registered.

Take care. (hope you Dad is doing okay)
Doug

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 9:17 AM - Response #21

I don't consider someone as attending until they actually pay. However, the attending reunion icon has been useful for generating enthusiasm and ballpark planning and I have text on the home page indicating the ever changing number and percentage of new members and reunion attendees. It has been more than adequate.

I like the idea of the new beta reports in the Reunion Planner. However, it does not seem that the attendee summary corresponds with the number/names of reunion attendees shown as paid in the reunion planner. For example, I have sold 137 reunion tix and only 58 show on the report as attending the reunion (including some that have not paid. My download was opened with Microsoft Office Excel.

BTW, thanks to class creator and the website, we are anticipating a huge turnout. We are a month out and could easily reach 200. The number of traveling classmates and spouses greatly exceeded our expectations. I am seriously worried about room capacity at this point. The problem is (at least in our case) you make your venue decision at the beginning of the process - well before most classmates have signed up.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM - Response #22

Hi Brad. I tried the report today. I understand it's a start. I may have not set up my reunion correctly, but I'm having a little trouble with classmates going in and registering, but not continuing down and actually purchasing and paying for tickets. I've been as blunt as I know how to explain it. But the report that shows who's coming only shows who registered. I'm with the person above, in that I want to know who purchased what and paid. I've been dumping the data to an excel sheet and then adding columns for items purchased and manually entering the data. One request, when you are formating these reports, can there be an option of reporting classmates either alphabetically or in the date order they registered/purchased tickets? Since my excel sheets print every classmate alphabetically, it's very cumbersome to have to go through my list and the cc list and look for newly registered classmates each time. Thanks for everything!

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM - Response #23

I encountered this:
When I look at "Attendees" page in Reunion Planner, it shows a count of 115. When I print a report, it says 113.

Not sure what the difference is.

Judy

Monday, June 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM - Response #24

Because Cloutier, Suzanne Camille and Jacobs, Terry, each bought two tickets, but only indicated that one person was attending.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.