ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Privacy of Images

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/14/09 09:43 PM Views: 1288 Replies: 2
Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I noticed that while searching for images using Google, all the images on our password protected class creator pages are being indexed and show up in Google images, even though the page they appear on is password protected. Is there a way to hide the images or image gallery from being indexed by the search engines so the images remain private?

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 10:07 PM - Response #1

The only thing I can imagine is at some point you must have had that page NOT password protected. Due to the size of our system Google is indexing it all the time, so it wouldn't have taken long if the page was open even for a little while. The only way Google can index an image is if it can follow a path to that image. Google can't follow a path to an image if it can't get into the page in the first place. There is no other way I can think of Google could have gotten in -- the page had to have been public at least momentarily.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM - Response #2

Oh by the way, I'd rename and reupload those images on the page, deleting the original image file names from your File Vault. If you always leave the page password protected from this point forward Google will drop all of your current images and will be unable to pull in the renamed images.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.