ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Profile Icons

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/18/13 11:30 AM Views: 878 Replies: 2
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Even though our site has existed since 2011, there are still 186 classmates who have not joined. Many of this people have been sent a postcard inviting them to join. Others have been contacted by existing members.

I have added "[invited]" to the last name of the invited people so existing members know they have been contacted and do not "spam" them with additional invitations.

The addition of "[invited]" to the last name creates a problem with search engines. If someone searches for an invited member, our site does not always show up in the results. They need to search for the person with "[invited]" added to the last name.

Could some type of icon be added on the Classmate Profile page that flags the person as invited?

Perhaps to make it more flexible; allow for admin defined icons that would indicate whatever is needed.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM - Response #1

This suggestion has been reviewed and is on the list to be implemented. No timeline of when it will be implemented is available.

The feature could be used to assign custom (admin uploaded) icon to different classmate profiles. The icon/image would show up on the Classmate Profile page and be filterable. Could be used to distinguish "January/June graduations", Football team, Cheerleader, "On Facebook" or in your case, "Already Invited"

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM - Response #2

At one time I added a fake classmate "ZZZZZHasBeenContacted" and then added the letter "Z" before all those classmates' last names so as to move all those that had been contacted to the end of the list. I don't remember why, but eventually put them back to the normal sort. Something like this is a good idea - nice to hear CC has it on their radar.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.