ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Show Classmate or Teacher Photo by DEFAULT

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/29/09 01:49 PM Views: 1587 Replies: 5
Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Is it possible to have the Show Classmate or Teacher Photo checkbox CHECKED by default so that the year book photos show up when the Clasmates Profiles link is clicked?

If yes how?

Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM - Response #1

No, it creates too much of a system drain and/or load issue for the end user. When you load the Classmate Profiles page you probably wouldn't know it, but hundreds of queries are simultaneously executing to determine if a Classmate name needs a checkmark, a start, a rose, etc. There's often hundreds of names and little icons that have to sort themselves on load. Throw in on top of that loading a few hundred photos all on one page and you start getting into potential usability problems. The Classmate Profiles page like it is is already the most heavily hit page on the entire system and also the most server intensive, thus we went with the names only as the default with the option of then toggling on the photos after the initial load is already out of the way.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 11:12 PM - Response #2

Brad, My question is about teacher photos, but slightly different. The teacher has uploaded her photo, set it as the master photo, but it does not show on the Message Forum. I tried uploading it myself and setting it as her master photo but still no luck. Her name in Judith King Anderson. Can you check this out for me?

Monday, November 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM - Response #3

Pat - I actually looked at your forums and found one where I see the profile pic for Judith King Anderson: http://www.hardawayhawks686970.com/class_forums_messages.cfm?tid=12327 It seems to be okay to me.

Monday, November 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM - Response #4

Her photo is showing up in Classmate Forums, but not in Message Forum - strange...
check out our Message Forum, post #49744 on 10/31, 10:17pm

Edited 11/01/10 6:39 PM
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 2:13 AM - Response #5

It's because Judith has not opted to display her photo. Display of photos is voluntary. If she wants to display her photo all she needs to do is click once on the silhouette image that is current there and her Master Photo will immediately replace that image.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.