ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How do I get our site on the search engines?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/03/09 06:50 AM Views: 1387 Replies: 3
Friday, July 3, 2009 at 6:50 AM

I followed the directions to get our web site address on the search engines when I set up the site. However, whenever I "Google" Huguenot High School Class of 1969, I get all kinds of reunion and classmate commercial sites, but my web site doesn't ever come up. How do I get us to show up on a Google search?

Friday, July 3, 2009 at 12:14 PM - Response #1

I Googled the same thing (Huguenot High School Class of 1969) and you are the very first site. Can't beat that! Smile The system is self optimizing, in other words it's set up to automatically get people peak placement on Google. Virtually all classes here who Google their school name followed by their class year will find themselves in the #1 position on Google and most other search engines.

There can be some exceptions to this based on your geographic area and how Google ranks sites in your area. Google listings are not 100% the same for everyone. But the vast majority of users are seeing your site in the #1 position even though it's possible you are not.

Edited 07/03/09 12:17 PM
Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM - Response #2
screenprint google search.docx

Is there any way to "bump up" our hhs73.net website on google search to get peak placement? I don't want classmates signing up on other alumni sites (& paying fees to use them) - I want them to come to OURS!

We just "launched" our site last month. However, another Administrator said he googled it & didn't see anything but these other sites. (I see ours all the time but only because I'm on it all the time). I just tried again and attached a screen print of the other sites that people seem to be going rather than ours.

BTW, Gayle's high school has the same "call letters - HHS" that we have (along with 3,000 others as well as the govt agency). When you google "hhs reunion", ours don't show up at all in the 1st 8 pages.

Edited 03/30/13 12:43 PM
Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM - Response #3

Why would your classmates google "HHS" instead of "hazelton high school"? If they google HHS first and don't see it, they would then use hazelton..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.