ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How to copy MP3 Files from Vault

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/19/11 12:03 AM Views: 1224 Replies: 4
Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I have several MP3 files in my vault that I plan to delete. However, I can't find my original source files for these.

Is there a way to explore MP3 files in my vault and copy them to a folder on my PC as MP3? How do I do that?

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM - Response #1

Easiest: just "drag" them to a folder on your system. John Chidester discovered that one. Doesn't work for Mac - but there's another method too.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 12:17 AM - Response #2

I tried that. They drop as Internet Shortcut, instead of MP3 using Firefox, and of course I cant' even access with IE 9 anyway.

Basically, when dropped, they become Name.MP3.URL

Edited 05/19/11 12:28 AM
Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM - Response #3

Quick aside: There's been a change in CC (or IE9?) since IE9 used to work for the editor in some areas? Now even Image hangs (even in compat mode).

I never verified how it pasted, but you are correct, they are url shortcuts. Not to worry, there's another way, but it's a tad more tedious.

What you do is start playing the song by pasting it in as full URL in FF browser. Maybe you can just preview in CC from the vault? I don't have any MP3s, so hopefully CC preview works for you. (You may need QuickTime installed? Can't tell for sure since I do and that's the player that comes up. Perhaps Windows Media was the original default?)

Then you click on the favicon in the URL bar, click "More information", select "Media", then "Save As".

Edited 05/19/11 10:15 AM
Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM - Response #4

Thanks Jack. I will give that a shot.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.