ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Zoom-in on Pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/09/15 10:16 AM Views: 4976 Replies: 15
Monday, November 9, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Is there anyway the classmates can zoom in on the pictures? How do I know that I am at the maximum size picture that CC allows. I read in another post that that is 1000. Is this true? How do I see the setting?

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 11:15 AM - Response #1

Photos added to the gallery creator are resized automatically to be no wider than 1000 or no taller than 1000px. However, there is a different way to accomplish what you are looking to do. You would need to upload the full size image to the file vault that is located inside the Link Button. There are a few things you will want to do. 1) go to any page with the Editor Window. 2) Use the Insert Image button to add a smaller version of your image. Simply choose the full size image from your computer and the system should resize the image automatically for the page. 3) With the image in the Editor Window, click the image to select it and then click the Insert Link button in the second row of tools, 3rd from the right. 4) Look for the Choose File button and then locate your full size image again and upload it to this file vault... do so from the link button will not resize the image. Additionally, using this method, the image you selected in the Editor Window will become a link to the larger image. Once Uploaded, Save the page. 5) Finally, go to the live page on the site to test the link. The full size image should open and should be zoomable.

There are other admins here that might suggest another method to achieve your goal as well.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM - Response #2

What I frequently do is convert a large jpg file to a pdf and upload the pdf to the file vault. An example is here. Once opened in Adobe Reader it can be enlarged easily. I link to it on the site as Scott suggests.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:13 PM - Response #3

Actually the height can be way more than 1000. Not sure there is an actual height limit. So 1000 x 1333 is one I just made.

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Photos added to the gallery creator are resized automatically to be no wider than 1000 or no taller than 1000px.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM - Response #4

Adding a small version is really not required (and a PIA). Just resize the exact same image to a smaller size. Doesn't make much difference in today's high speed world.

However, a better way to accomplish this is to have a script that ZOOMS. It's one of the first scripts I wrote for our site. See our home page for what I'm talking about. Zooms to screen size (also an option to make it any size one wants)

Stays on the page so no navigation issues. Click and it zooms, click again and it goes back to original. I did another version with a zoom slider (or +/- buttons), but decided that's not really required.

Could be made part of standard CC display Idea

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 5:17 PM - Response #5

Thanks for the correction. I was always under the impression of the way I stated it. The restriction must only be to the width.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM - Response #6

These are all really great ideas. You guys are awesome! The problem is I'm so new to CC, I don't even know how to put files in the vault that are not .jpg. When I try to load .pdf file in the gallery it won't let me do this. That is the only place I have found to allow me to input to he vault. What tool do you use to convert a .jpg to .pdf? I use PaintShop normally and it has a bunch of options for output files, but disappointingly no .pdf.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM - Response #7

The place to enter pdfs is the file vault, accessed by the third ion from the right on the second row above any page edit box.

A site I use for many conversions is here. No software downloads required.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 9:56 AM - Response #8

That works!!! Zamzar is the ticket! Thanks so much for you help! Johnny

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 3:32 PM - Response #9

I need further explanation on how to add pdf's into our websites. I have been unable to add them and don't quite understand how you go about that. Can you please post images of what you are describing? Thank you. Judy

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM - Response #10

From an Editor Window, in the content area type a link phrase such as Click Here. Highlight the link phrase and click the Insert Link button (2nd row of buttons, 3rd from right). Look for Browse or Choose File and locate your PDF on your computer. Select it and then click the Upload button. That should close the Link window and leave your link phrase blue and underlined. Save the page and test the link by going to the actual page of your site.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM - Response #11

Thanks, Scott, for clarifying for me.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM - Response #12

You're welcome.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 9:02 PM - Response #13

If you have a scrolling mouse, hold down Ctrl and scroll the wheel forward, the photo will enlarge..

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 12:38 AM - Response #14

I love Zamzar! It usually works flawlessly.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 12:46 AM - Response #15

Jack,

Would you please send me the script that you put into your website and exactly how you linked it to the image you want to enlarge. I would like to use it on my own class website.

Thank you,

Glenn Ellen Smith

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.