ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo gallery

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/08/10 05:06 PM Views: 1578 Replies: 5
Monday, March 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Hello again. New question. Ok, i have our photo page set up and i have been entering pics and a couple of others posted pics. A classmate has sent me a bunch of pics to post for her. She would like them in different catagories like Grad day, 5th yr reunion, etc. The problem is i can't get it to do that. I can only add pics to the album i already have established for me. I would like to keep all the pictures on one page but different albums. How do i do that?

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 5:12 PM - Response #1

You can't. Just wondering, if she's capable of sending them to you, is there a reason she can't just post them? The system is programmed to group community galleries together by contributor, but you'd have to be logged in as her to upload photos as her.

We're going to add a way for Admins to add photos on behalf of a Classmate, so that is coming. For the moment though, she'd have to just upload the pictures herself, or you'd need to ask for her login and password and do it for her.

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM - Response #2

She did not have a scanner so she sent them to me in the mail. If she did give me that info, can i post them separately as in grad day in one album, the different reunions in different albums?

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 5:52 PM - Response #3

You as the Administrator can already create any number of Gallery navigational links that you want. And under each one of those links you can add an unlimited number of galleries. So really the sky's the limit on the strucutre, it just depends on what you want.

Within that structure if you ever make a gallery a Community Gallery, then that gallery is going to be broken down by contributor. So if you want to upload these photos of hers to a gallery you've defined as a Community Gallery, then yes, you would need to log in as her (for the time being) using her login and password. Once logged in as her, when you upload the photos, they will all automatically group under her own name, a separate cover image will be made just for her, and she will have her own "slot" so to speak within the community gallery.

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 7:28 PM - Response #4

Please forgive me for my denseness again but I have named our photo page "Enjoy the Memories". When i go to that page, i can't seem to create a new photo album. I only see how to post pictures to the album i have already been putting pictures on. If i wanted to create a whole new album for myself, how would i do that? Can you check to see if i created the gallery in the correct way that allows for more than one album per person? Sorry i am such a pain.

Monday, March 8, 2010 at 8:39 PM - Response #5

The Gallery Creator feature is pretty sophisticated. It's natural to take awhile to fully get it. You're not the first "dense" person and you won't be the last. Smile

All right here's the deal:

Under your Enjoy The Memories navigational link you've only created 1 gallery. It's a community gallery which you perfectly set up, yes. Because there is only 1 gallery the system is immediately going to jump to the Polaroid cover photos, where you see each contributors' name listed including your own.

If you want to add another gallery to that same navigational link, be it an Admin Only gallery or another Community Gallery, just click your main Gallery Creator link again, then click the Add Photo Gallery button near the top. From the dropdown link it to your Enjoy The Memories" navigational link (by the way you might want to remove your first currently deactivated Enjoy The Memories navigational link, leaving that there is going to get confusing). Upload a photo or two. Voila, now when you click your Enjoy The Memories link on the left you'll see 2 galleries instead of 1 like you have currently.

One thing I should note is that once you are fully inside a Community Gallery itself, each person including you The Administrator has just 1 slot, and all of your photos are going to fall under your own slot. It's not possible to have a Community Photo Gallery where you can build 2 or more galleries personally inside the community gallery. Potentially we could program it to allow that, but if we did you start adding so much complexity to this that ordinary mortals are going to get confused. There's something to be said for the KISS philosophy sometimes.

So bottom line, if you want to create another gallery under your Enjoy The Memories link, just click on your Gallery Creator link and have at it. You can create as many galleries as you want there, and those galleries can be any mix of Admin-Only Galleries or Community galleries. And of course, if you need more segmentation of your photos, categories, etc., then just create a second gallery navigational link. With unlimited gallery links that can be created, and unlimited galleries that can fall under those unlimited gallery links, the sky's pretty much the limit on how you want to structure your gallery photos.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.