ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

YouTube video not posting

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/04/21 11:55 AM Views: 174 Replies: 4
Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 11:55 AM

Starting today, it’s not possible to post any YouTube videos on our website What’s New or Message Forum. YouTube now copies only as an image. Can someone please advise. I can post YouTube videos elsewhere but not on CC. Thank you

Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 4:48 PM - Response #1

Appears to work on classic and responsive.

Make a test page open to all and post the code you are using. Pretty easy then to check code used. I am using the current iframe embed code (that you get in "share", not the much older stuff.

Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 5:58 PM - Response #2

As an experiment, I just posted the URL for a YouTube video to a link on a test page. When I click on the link, the video plays. There is no problem. YouTube videos post perfectly to my site, as always.

Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 6:57 PM - Response #3

Thanks for replying, Scott!

After reading you had no problem posting YouTube video, I did a test video and it works. For whatever reason, upon posting tonight, the video still resembles just an image but it isn’t.
Thank you again!

Edited 12/04/21 7:02 PM
Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 8:44 PM - Response #4

I am confused. I thought we were talking about the actual EMBED code for a video that shows the video preview+controls right away.

A LINK is a totally different animal and much simpler.

This is typical code for a YouTube video that is entered in Editor Source mode

The embed ID selects the video. So just replacing U6rzz74b0SI with another ID replaces the video.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.